Who do you want as Next Manager Poll

Demitri_C

VillaTalk: Who do You Want as Next Manager Poll?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as Next Manager?

• Steve Bruce
    • David Moyes
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Sean Dyche
    • Gary Monk
    • Other

There's only a few people I really can't stand in football, and none of them seem to be in line for the job. I don't hate any of the prime candidates for manager. But there is a difference between hating someone and having the opinion that you don't think they'd do a very good job here. That's why I don't want some of them appointed. I was never a fan of Ferguson but I'd have him as our manager in a heartbeat.

I can't be bothered to answer the whole post as most of it is greatly exaggerated (eg the implication that the only reason I don't want Pearson is because he swore once), and some of it just plainly doesn't make any sense (the ferguson analogy, for example, is mind bogglingly nonsensical)

But the bit I will answer is the part I fundamentally disagree with: the idea that we should give everyone a chance at this stage.

The forum is for debate. We're here to debate who we want and don't want as manager.

What you're saying is everyone should be given a chance. So no matter the suggestion, we should all be right behind that suggestion!

So if Justin Bieber is suggested, EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE A CHANCE. We'd all be right behind him would we?

If Pearson gets appointed he'll get a clean slate and I'll support him as much as anyone else. THAT is the point when everyone should be given a chance.

Until then I'll exercise my right to not want the absolute word removed anywhere near the club.

Bieber or Sherwood, Stevo?

One person who hasnt been mentioned, is Alan Pardew. If they get rid or come down with us, he has a history of turning around clubs. If we cant get moyes, I would see what happens with Pardew. i would be happy with him

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

One person who hasnt been mentioned, is Alan Pardew. If they get rid or come down with us, he has a history of turning around clubs. If we cant get moyes, I would see what happens with Pardew. i would be happy with him

No thank you.  Utter rocket polisher and, more importantly, not a very good manager.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

He seems to have very immediate positive effect before it all goes to sh#t after about 6/8 months. 

The very epitome of new manager bounce. I 

Just now, BOF said:

No thank you.  Utter rocket polisher and, more importantly, not a very good manager.

Agree that he isnt the most likeable bloke, but that dont concern me. Palace are on abit of bad form but look at his record when he first went there, its excellent. Same at Newcastle

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I think I'd take Biebs

Me too.  They're probably similiarly equipped to be Premier League managers and can you imagine the amount of new fans we'd have worldwide?  We'd be in another stratosphere altogether.

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Good god no. He's awful.

Goes on the most horrific runs of form. Have they even won since they played us? 

Even we've won again in that time. 

Awful, awful manager who I hope goes down this season. 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

but look at his record when he first went there, its excellent. Same at Newcastle

I think his early success is down to what players perceive as his confidence, which wears thin once they realise its mind boggling arrogance. Hence the peak before the trough

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Agree that he isnt the most likeable bloke, but that dont concern me. Palace are on abit of bad form but look at his record when he first went there, its excellent. Same at Newcastle

Why cherrypick the new manager boost though?  Fact is they're the worst team in this calendar year.  Worse than we are.  I think they've 2 points in 2016 and as you mention yourself, they might even come down with us.  On current form they certainly would.  Although they'll probably just about manage a win in their final 8 games to scramble to safety.  My problem with him; and I thought this even while Palace were flying; is that he can keep a steady ship going but he doesn't have what it takes to turn it around once it goes belly up.  He has surpassed even my expectations since the arse has fallen out of Palace's season and shown himself to be quite limited. There are much better candidates out there already

06f4e4e966d6d3ba4c174c66c23eaaa7.png

I don't see Pardew as a bad manager at all.

Did well at Southampton, did well at Newcastle to a point (then again, they're a rotten club like ours) and is doing well at Palace.  They've been on a pretty unlucky run of form to be honest, and have badly missed Bolasie who has been injured for ages (back for, what, 2 games now?).  Since we beat them, they've only been beaten by more than 1 goal twice - against Spurs and Man City.  They're also in the F.A. Cup semi-final.

Of course, it's still a terrible run of form, but I don't think it's an indication of Pardew "not being able to turn it around".

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Just curious why you would have him ahead of Moyes? He may be experienced in championship with couple promotions but what he has far less success than Moyes has

I think he has a better chance to get us promoted than Moyes.  Dont get me wrong, moyes would be my other choice.  We need a man who isnt going to take any shit and pull a few into line. Both these wouldnt be scared to do that.

From what I saw of SSN pretty much every manager has done his presser today and been asked the question "would you like the villa job" to which a fair few have given the polite answer of its a big club, it's nice to be linked blah blah blah which results in the journo that asked the question writing "Aston villa line up McCarthy option" and tell their readers he's linked to the job

Who linked him to the job? That journalist

It's a **** joke

On 30 March 2016 at 22:53, Mantis said:

What is it about his personas is there to like? I'm genuinely perplexed by this. There's a big difference between being direct and not taking any shit and being a nasty prick. I fail to see how the club is "primed for his kind of style"?

Because we have too many show ponies that haven't got a measure of presence in them.

He would change all of that.....and getting us back to being a resilient outfit who can defend ourselves.

He has proved he can do it.....He has proved he can assemble a backroom staff who can do it.....He has proved, he don't take shit......He has proved, he don't suffer fools.

He has proved he don't tolerate primma Donna's

I'm not sure if you have remotely accepted the monumental problem we have with player discipline.....its rancid

It has seen Remi off.

This is no ordinary job for an ordinary manager......This is crying out for Nigel Pearson.

It will be a massive opportunity missed to get back on track....if they don't appoint him.

Albion....baulked at Pulis, because of his dour approach.....he has dumped their soft under belly and they now have some resilience.

Scoff at Pearson at your peril.

• Like 2