Who do you want as Next Manager Poll

Demitri_C

VillaTalk: Who do You Want as Next Manager Poll?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as Next Manager?

• Steve Bruce
    • David Moyes
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Sean Dyche
    • Gary Monk
    • Other

12 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Or,  they are good enough but we are not getting the best out of them.  They are not and cannot all be rubbish & as we have seen before,  we will offload players that some how perform better at their new clubs.  I just have a feeling that we have to give some of them the benefit of doubt here,  wee consistently have groups of players where we have,  with a straight face had mcleish, houlier, garde & sherwood to name but a few.  We cannot seriously think that this lot had anything but a negative effect on the club from the top down.  We probably had within the organisation,  high flying executives or sales team members working for the club who went from being super professional like Margaret Mountford from the apprentice to Mrs Overall from Acorns Antiques seemingly overnight.  I suspect some of the playing staff have gone this way.  Add to this, the coward like lack of spend in January means nobody gave them a chance to get out of it,  including our own board.

Imagine if you direct line manager went from good to the equivalent of what happend down the Villa.

Whoever comes in,  just keep it simple.  Build it from the back starting with getting the very very best goal keep we can and start from there.  

"We have seen before" where exactly? Certainly hasn't been at this club in most cases.

West Brom were happy to get rid of Lescott for obvious reasons, Richards wasn't exactly pulling up trees at Fiorentina and again it's pretty easy to see why. Agbonlahor has been a waste of space for atleast a minimum of 4 years now. Grealish has shown in flashes but has overall in my opinion been pretty average and overhyped. That's before I even talk about Hutton and Cissokho.

A change of manager won't suddenly make everything better with this squad far from it. I certainly hope the club don't have this attitude otherwise we are in deep deep trouble.

I spoke to a pal of mine this evening having a crafty sherbert.

big villa fan, whose opinion i respect.

we started talking about prospective managers....My pal said I don't fancy Pearson.

I said why not......He said I just Don't like him.

I respect that......but do you know what......its not about liking someone, its not "Brittains got talent"

Its about a grand old football club that has been short changed by passive, indecisive, affable management......that needs a ruthless hard nosed individual to shake it by its tail......back in to life.

We have tried the nice guy approach.....and its not been working for us.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TRO said:

Because we have too many show ponies that haven't got a measure of presence in them.

He would change all of that.....and getting us back to being a resilient outfit who can defend ourselves.

He has proved he can do it.....He has proved he can assemble a backroom staff who can do it.....He has proved, he don't take shit......He has proved, he don't suffer fools.

He has proved he don't tolerate primma Donna's

I'm not sure if you have remotely accepted the monumental problem we have with player discipline.....its rancid

It has seen Remi off.

This is no ordinary job for an ordinary manager......This is crying out for Nigel Pearson.

It will be a massive opportunity missed to get back on track....if they don't appoint him.

Albion....baulked at Pulis, because of his dour approach.....he has dumped their soft under belly and they now have some resilience.

Scoff at Pearson at your peril.

I think you're vastly overrating his abilities.

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It would seem so, yes.

Edit: and I'm not giving Pearson no credit. He did a good job at leicester.

The point I've made again and again though, is that he didn't, in my opinion, do a good enough job to justify the negatives of having him as manager. There are managers out there who can get us promoted without adding to the shambles behind the scenes that we already are.

Define doing a good enough job considering it was Leicester, they had just been promoted and finished above us.

11 hours ago, Mantis said:

You don't seem to have been reading my posts very carefully then because I'd be quite happy with Moyes.

No sorry I had missed your support of Moyes, looking forward to him showing his passion on the touchline......

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

I think you're vastly overrating his abilities.

I'm not vastly overrating anybodies abilities.

I will be the first to say....I have no monopoly on who will be a success for us, I think there are too many factors to consider.....to be sure about anyone.

I do think we have a massive player indiscipline problem and i think a certain type of manager needs to deal with it......Quick.

I liked Remi....but the b******* let him down very badly.

I can equally level at you.....you are vastly underrating him.

The truth is no one can guarantee the best manager in world football turning us around....its just how we feel about any individual, that forms our opinions.

I happen to think he should be a serious contender.

I also favour Moyes or Dyche.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BOF said:

Why cherrypick the new manager boost though?  Fact is they're the worst team in this calendar year.  Worse than we are.  I think they've 2 points in 2016 and as you mention yourself, they might even come down with us.  On current form they certainly would.  Although they'll probably just about manage a win in their final 8 games to scramble to safety.  My problem with him; and I thought this even while Palace were flying; is that he can keep a steady ship going but he doesn't have what it takes to turn it around once it goes belly up.  He has surpassed even my expectations since the arse has fallen out of Palace's season and shown himself to be quite limited. There are much better candidates out there already

06f4e4e966d6d3ba4c174c66c23eaaa7.png

if this wasnt such a weak season in relegation zone I think they would be in huge trouble at the moment

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

28% win rate in last job I dont think Moyes is guaranteed success like he probably was 5 years ago

Guess what Nigel Pearson's win rate in the Premier League last season was, everybody?

• Like 1

My favourite by a country mile is Mark Warburton but sadly it seems unlikely. What he did with Brentford was nothing short of remarkable and whilst expected, he's delivering comfortably with Rangers. He would be the perfect fit for us I think but there doesn't seem to be much clamour for him on here. I can understand why plenty want Moyes but it's been a long time since he managed in the Championship and he wouldn't come cheap either. I would have far more faith in Warburton to build a squad capable of competing at the top end of the Championship whilst playing good football to go along with it. 
:
Everybody jump on the Warburton train! 

As I'm more often at Griffin Park than Villa Park, I've been on the Warburton "train" for a long time. I'm pretty sure he would transform our fortunes. For a multitude of reason though, I don't hold out any hope of it happening.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, a m ole said:

Guess what Nigel Pearson's win rate in the Premier League last season was, everybody?

Much better than Remi Garde's this season?