Who do you want as Next Manager Poll

Demitri_C

VillaTalk: Who do You Want as Next Manager Poll?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as Next Manager?

• Steve Bruce
    • David Moyes
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Sean Dyche
    • Gary Monk
    • Other

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Lambert was noway near as successful as Moyes was at everton

Given his remit, I disagree.

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Given his remit, I disagree.

Lambert got back to back promotions with Norwich granted, he finished one season 12th. Moyes consistently kept everton up on small budget which i think is a greater success. Lamberts a championship manager, Moyes is a premier league one. 

Just now, BOF said:

I wasn't even on about that so much as he managed to keep Villa in the league more than once while being given enough money to buy 3 players and having to buy 10 of them with it.  He performed minor miracles while he was here.  If we didn't have a manager that good for those years of massive downsizing then we'd have been down already IMHO.

agree entirely and this is something people do not realise.  Mind you maybe it would have been better to go down in one of those seasons in the hope we would be coming back now!!

• Like 1

Just now, Richard said:

Mind you maybe it would have been better to go down in one of those seasons in the hope we would be coming back now!!

Well yeah there is that alright.  It might even have been better in the long run had Timothy not succeeded last season.  Bloody hindsight :P

18 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Wonder why they sacked Remi when they did - it would suggest they're ready to appoint his replacement before the summer, in which case it's unlikely to be anyone currently in a position.

I think part of the reason will have been that Remi was beginning to act like a guy that didn't want to continue and that may have been even more noticeable behind the scenes certainly if he had been made aware, or became aware, that he wouldn't be here beyond this season. I didn't read into him going that we will have someone lined up or will appoint someone who is out of work.

Edited by markavfc40

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

I wasn't even on about that so much as he managed to keep Villa in the league more than once while being given enough money to buy 3 players and having to buy 10 of them with it.  He performed minor miracles while he was here.  If we didn't have a manager that good for those years of massive downsizing then we'd have been down already IMHO.

I was referring to Moyes having a better reputation and achieved more than Lambert did before we approached him 

Lambert got back to back promotions with Norwich granted, he finished one season 12th. Moyes consistently kept everton up on small budget which i think is a greater success. Lamberts a championship manager,Moyes is a premier league one. 

Let's get him in then

4 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

Wonder why they sacked Remi when they did - it would suggest they're ready to appoint his replacement before the summer, in which case it's unlikely to be anyone currently in a position.

I'm guessing Remi couldn't be persuaded to stay and lose seven more games with a group of players that no longer cared about the season at a club he knew he didn't want to stay at. I suspect the mutual was very mutual.

4 hours ago, BOF said:

I really strongly disagree. To talk about Lambert's time here as a minor miracle is just too much. What was a minor miracle was that I kept buying a season ticket while he remained as the manager who destroyed my enjoyment of supporting aston villa. 

29 minutes ago, Dorset77Villa said:

He's been working as a pundit for Bein Sports, he managed in Russia according to the article.

Ruud offers another dimension and would be better than Moyes or Pearson

A third dimension?

33 minutes ago, Dorset77Villa said:

He's been working as a pundit for Bein Sports, he managed in Russia according to the article.

lag85i.jpg

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dorset77Villa said:

You are too late for April Fools mate :)