Who do you want as Next Manager Poll

Demitri_C

VillaTalk: Who do You Want as Next Manager Poll?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as Next Manager?

• Steve Bruce
    • David Moyes
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Sean Dyche
    • Gary Monk
    • Other

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Agreed a m ole.

And fun fact re-Mellberg. Did you know he currently manages the 'largest football club in the world' ;)

Idrottsföreningen Brommapojkarna, also called Bromma, BP or The Bromma Boys, is a Swedish football club located in the borough of Bromma, in the western parts of Stockholm municipality. Brommapojkarna is the largest football club in Europe in terms of the number of active teams of all ages – in 2007 there were 247 teams and 3,000 players.

BP is one of the biggest "plant Schools" (is that the right word?:P) in Sweden, producing a lot of talented players over the years.

Never gets to keep the players thou as they are always poached by bigger clubs.

Don't wanna diss Brian little too much as in some peoples eye he is the epitome of Mr Villa ( before my time so can't fairly comment on that) but I do have concerns as to his suitability to be choosing our next manager based on the fact that his last 2 jobs were Gainsborough Trinity of the conference North & Jersey's director of football. Are people basing their faith in him on winning a trophy 20 years ago? Genuinely intrigued as to why so many think he will make the right choice 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Don't wanna diss Brian little too much as in some peoples eye he is the epitome of Mr Villa ( before my time so can't fairly comment on that) but I do have concerns as to his suitability to be choosing our next manager based on the fact that his last 2 jobs were Gainsborough Trinity of the conference North & Jersey's director of football. Are people basing their faith in him on winning a trophy 20 years ago? Genuinely intrigued as to why so many think he will make the right choice 

I'd like to think that Brian won't be choosing the next manager but advising the likes of Bernstein as to the 'fit' of said manager to Aston Villa. I know it was 20 years since Little managed us but he has always had an affinity to the club and should have a good grasp of the type of character we need. I expect that between the board they've got plenty of good contacts so they shouldn't be solely relying on Little to make suggestions.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I don't understand the sudden love-in with the entire new look "football board" myself. Haven't done anything yet other than replace the previous regime but our fans are easily sold on cliched soundbites like 'footballing background' and 'Villa men'. 

• Like 3

I'd estimate that about 90% of fans are in the camp of some manager that happens to be British. In this particular situation right now, it seems the better candidates are British. So I think we can maybe give Brian some slack on this. Maybe let's see who we hire and see if we're happy with the appointment.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'd estimate that about 90% of fans are in the camp of some manager that happens to be British. In this particular situation right now, it seems the better candidates are British. So I think we can maybe give Brian some slack on this. Maybe let's see who we hire and see if we're happy with the appointment.

There's a big difference though between most of the suitable candidates being British and actually specifically looking for one.

For the record, take Moyes out of the equation and I don't think there are really that many great British candidates for us at all.

• Like 2

I appreciate there's a difference which is why I think we should wait and see if we're happy with what happens rather than being unhappy with their alleged methods.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

I appreciate there's a difference which is why I think we should wait and see if we're happy with what happens rather than being unhappy with their alleged methods.

It's the principle more than anything that bugs me.

Yeah I understand that but while I can appreciate that, I think the end result (i.e. the eventual manager) is much more important than how we arrived at the decision. That's all.

2 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Wouldn't be disappointed with Moyes or Pearson.

Looking at it Moyes has the credentials and experience so is the stand out candidate.

However the thought of Pearson coming in and kicking Gabby and Richards up the backside is also appealing!

How do you know Pearson wouldn't pick them out as experienced 'characters' and build a side around them? I suppose it's the same for anyone that comes in, but I think that's a far more likely situation under him that what you suggested.

4 hours ago, Mantis said:

I wouldn't want Gullit but there's absolutely chance of getting him becuase he's foreign. According to our bone-headed football board we need a BRITISH manager who will instill PROPER BRITISH VALUES like PASHUN and DESIRE. All of these FACKING FOREIGNERS and their fancy tiki tiki tactics malarkey can FACK OFF.

Bloody foreigners, stealing our jobs.

Out of interest have we heard an exact quote on this or is this just the report from Pat Murphy that is being taken as fact.

5 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Out of interest have we heard an exact quote on this or is this just the report from Pat Murphy that is being taken as fact.

There's a quote in my post from earlier.

Edited by Mantis