Who do you want as Next Manager Poll

Demitri_C

VillaTalk: Who do You Want as Next Manager Poll?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as Next Manager?

• Steve Bruce
    • David Moyes
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Sean Dyche
    • Gary Monk
    • Other

7 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I think part of the reason will have been that Remi was beginning to act like a guy that didn't want to continue and that may have been even more noticeable behind the scenes certainly if he had been made aware, or became aware, that he wouldn't be here beyond this season. I didn't read into him going that we will have someone lined up or will appoint someone who is out of work.

the Swansea game he didnt look arsed and was like a dead man walking, still strange took club 10 days over international break to make their mind up. would have been good time to start their search

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

the Swansea game he didnt look arsed and was like a dead man walking, still strange took club 10 days over international break to make their mind up. would have been good time to start their search

It was down to negotiations over compensation. 

I'd be almost certain that their search started during that time.

I've been thinking about this for the last few days who I want as manager and I've come to the conclusion that I dont care.  Sounds pretty strange but my thought is that there is good and back with all the options presented above and none of them stand out as a clear front runner for me.  

I know who I dont want and that's the best I can do but for picking a manager that I do really want it feels like I'm picking which queue to get in and I always pick the queue that looks like it's going to be the best but end up being wrong.  

They all have many positives but equally they all have many negatives, I actually feel sorry for the new board on this as it's their first real test and it could so easily go wrong

To be honest, were in such a mess right now in terms of the squad, finances and morale that it'd take a miracle worker to get us performing at a semi decent level.

The mess we're in and amount of work needed to do to this club would put off most.

Im preparing for an underwhelming appointment, post relegation, followed by several years in the football league. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The next appointment could be out Taylor Mk 1 if they get appointment right

They would have to luck out on a massive scale and go against the wishes of the majority on here (and the wider fanbase if the views on here can be seen as representative) by appointing a young and promising lower league manager. I'm not entirely sure they will want to gamble, and I'm not entirely sure they could possibly be that lucky.

Taylor was a top tier manager when we hired him.  He had already finished 2nd in the old first division with Watford.  He dropped down a division to take over Villa.  So it wouldn't have to be a lower league manager to be a Taylor Mk 1.  But anyway, that's beside the point.  It's more to do with how that person could start a new era at the club.

Whoever we go for I really hope the club has learned it's lesson and make sure that the new manager gets his preferred back room team with him from the start.