Who do you want as Next Manager Poll

Demitri_C

VillaTalk: Who do You Want as Next Manager Poll?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as Next Manager?

• Steve Bruce
    • David Moyes
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Sean Dyche
    • Gary Monk
    • Other

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

I've always had Southgate in mind, would be happy for him to build a new young team and give him some time.

I wouldn't, he did a diabolical job at Boro. 

The board would probably think it'd be a populist move to bring a (relatively) decorated former player in as manager however I will remember Southgate as a money grabbing word removed who took a big sidestep for cash. 

• Like 2

I wouldnt be surprised if an announcement was made next week once we have definitely been relegated. Not that they are taking over but will be in to look over the squad in training etc to a view to officially starting when the season ends.

3 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I wouldnt be surprised if an announcement was made next week once we have definitely been relegated. Not that they are taking over but will be in to look over the squad in training etc to a view to officially starting when the season ends.

Me too - there will be a lot of incomings and outgoings this summer and we will need to start all that by May. Wouldn't be surprised if the new manager has been signed already and is advising which players need to be moved on. All this business may explain why Reilly is still on board too.

Looks like there's been some money for Steve Bruce overnight - he's come in quite a bit whilst Moyes has drifted slightly.  Back to 3 "candidates" according to WillHill:

Pearson (6/4), Moyes (10/3), Bruce (9/2)

If Bruce takes Hull up this year that will be 3 promotions to his CV. He's the very definition of what this manager search is about. He also made Hull a profit of 18 million last summer in players out (25 mill) and players in (7mill). No wonder he is on the list.

• Like 1

I would love Rodgers but don't think that will ever happen. 

I would be happy with moyes.

I hate Pearson when he was at Leicester however the thought of him laying into some of our players brings a certain feeling of satisfaction. I would probably judge him after he was given time.

34 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Really don't want Bruce but I think he'd be a better option than Pearson.

Same. 

In fact I think he'd be a very similar option, just without the psychopathic tendencies

Hmmm i'd rather Pearson over Bruce to be honest. I saw an interview with Fuchs yesterday where he said the reason he joined Leicester was because he had spoken to Pearson. If Pearson could bring in a left back of that quality it would be awesome for us. 

How much of finding that player was down to Pearson or the scouting network is unknown, but it was Pearson who convinced him to join. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

No way do I want Southgate here. nice chap and all but doesnt inspire me at all. I want Moyes and so does 67% of VT which is a huge majority. He is the clear favourite with the fans. if Hollis wants to build bridges start by getting Moyes in. 

probably similar amount wanted Lambert as well