Who do you want as Next Manager Poll

Demitri_C

VillaTalk: Who do You Want as Next Manager Poll?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as Next Manager?

• Steve Bruce
    • David Moyes
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Sean Dyche
    • Gary Monk
    • Other

Voted for Moyes - seems the obvious choice. Too obvious for it to actually happen.

My dad is a butcher in Dorridge and Steve Bruce is a regular(ish) customer - he once indirectly bought me a bag of compost as he'd told my dad to keep the change after he bought some steak and he used it to pick up aforementioned compost.

Anyway, all the talk in the local area is that Bruce has been tentatively spoken to...

16 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Voted for Moyes - seems the obvious choice. Too obvious for it to actually happen.

My dad is a butcher in Dorridge and Steve Bruce is a regular(ish) customer - he once indirectly bought me a bag of compost as he'd told my dad to keep the change after he bought some steak and he used it to pick up aforementioned compost.

Anyway, all the talk in the local area is that Bruce has been tentatively spoken to...

So what you are trying to say is that Steve Bruce bought a bag of shit!

• Like 1

Moyes is the best on that list.

However, if you were Moyes would you come to Villa?

Short answer, no.

Only way you might consider it would be if you got paid a fortune and were promised a substantial transfer budget plus paying off the bad eggs (won't happen).

Its dawned on me that there will be no new manager until relegation is confirmed as none of the candidates will want relegation on their CV even if survival on their appointment is a hopeless and lost cause (which it obviously is).

Edited by Harry

That's a good point. If we get the little 'R' next to our name next Saturday and appoint a manager before the season ends, does he get the relegation on his CV? Could make all the difference on when someone comes in.

1 minute ago, Sam3773 said:

That's a good point. If we get the little 'R' next to our name next Saturday and appoint a manager before the season ends, does he get the relegation on his CV? Could make all the difference on when someone comes in.

I think that once the dreaded 'R' is there his CV is safe.

1 hour ago, StewieGriffin said:

Does that constitute a claim to fame?:)

Even if confirmed before then, any new manager won't take over until the summer, I reckon. I just can't see the candidates wanting any involvement with this season. 

Edited by Isa

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Moyes is the best on that list.

However, if you were Moyes would you come to Villa?

Short answer, no.

Only way you might consider it would be if you got paid a fortune and were promised a substantial transfer budget plus paying off the bad eggs (won't happen).

Well I'm guessing this is a job that May interest moyes. Despite our problems we will be one of the favourites to come straight up. I think we will see massive changes in the summer. As stupid as Lerner us he can't continue to run the playing side like this. Makes no sense he wants to sell but if we continue took like this the value of the club gets less and less.

if gets us promoted his rep will be back, I think he would be interested if given a decent budget in summer

People are very quick to forget just how shrewd moyes is in the transfer market. He has a serious eye for talent. The clique at utd had they're mind made up before he walked in the door, he hadn't a hope. 

• Like 1

im pro moyes..the longer this drags on the fear is coming the surface that the "new" board are looking at options of managers who fit the board way of thinking.

i fear the board wont go for moyes as hes a manager,he would demand a plan /budget etc..in other words..hes ambitious & wont buy into the cost cutting/stay in the league & stick your head in the sand approach which has been delt by the board.

in short,moyes is in the mon bracket & i dont think the burnt fingers from them days of finishing 6th are where randy wants villa to be

I don't know where i stand on Pearson. Do we need the whole frosty relationship that already exists between himself and the Midlands media ? I think it might be something that goes against him when Hollis and Bernstein are deciding. Can't dismiss his whole "thing" with the media, has a knock on effect and we as a club come off looking bad then.