Who do you want as Next Manager Poll

Demitri_C

VillaTalk: Who do You Want as Next Manager Poll?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as Next Manager?

• Steve Bruce
    • David Moyes
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Sean Dyche
    • Gary Monk
    • Other

44 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

So by your logic we're not allowed to not want ANY manager? We have to give everyone a chance at this stage? Brilliant. So if Avram grant was suggested, we wouldn't be allowed to say we don't want him? And you have the audacity to call my post twaddle? :)

As for the bold, yes, Leicester are threatening to win the league. Pearson scraped survival with them.

Plenty of managers have won the championship or got promoted. Plenty.

Most of those managers aren't horrible human beings.

I'll take one of them please.

So is the addition of a couple of players and a new manager enough to go from relegation candidates to League winners elect, if were are not crediting Pearson with any of this success.

12 hours ago, Mantis said:

There's a big difference though between most of the suitable candidates being British and actually specifically looking for one.

For the record, take Moyes out of the equation and I don't think there are really that many great British candidates for us at all.

From reading your posts you do seem to not favour a British manager, even those that have managed to get teams promoted from the Championship, who are the alternatives from abroad you would prefer?

54 minutes ago, mykeyb said:
So is the addition of a couple of players and a new manager enough to go from relegation candidates to League winners elect, if were are not crediting Pearson with any of this success.

It would seem so, yes.

Edit: and I'm not giving Pearson no credit. He did a good job at leicester.

The point I've made again and again though, is that he didn't, in my opinion, do a good enough job to justify the negatives of having him as manager. There are managers out there who can get us promoted without adding to the shambles behind the scenes that we already are.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Sorry it was a bit tongue in cheek.... scottish managers have sucked for us.... my comment was not to be taken too seriously. We can argue all we like about the next mamager, however unless changes are made to the squad we are screwed.....

Ps i just don't like Moyes 

Our most successful manager of all time ever in the history of the club was Scottish :D

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Our most successful manager of all time ever in the history of the club was Scottish :D

recent times my friend, but indeed your statement is correct .... again the whole thing was tongue in cheek :)

2 hours ago, mykeyb said:

From reading your posts you do seem to not favour a British manager, even those that have managed to get teams promoted from the Championship, who are the alternatives from abroad you would prefer?

You don't seem to have been reading my posts very carefully then because I'd be quite happy with Moyes.

22 hours ago, bobzy said:

I know it's just odds but...

...Gary Neville out to 20/1 on WillHill.  Odds seem to have narrowed around three main "candidates":

David Moyes (5/2), Nigel Pearson (5/2), Steve Bruce (5/1)

...the three main "candidates" remaining unchanged this morning.  The main movers are Mick McCarthy (in from 10/1 to 6/1) and Chris Coleman who has appeared out of pretty much nowhere to be 5th favourite at 10/1.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bobzy said:

...the three main "candidates" remaining unchanged this morning.  The main movers are Mick McCarthy (in from 10/1 to 6/1) and Chris Coleman who has appeared out of pretty much nowhere to be 5th favourite at 10/1.  

It's just odds. 

The only odds that matter are that its 50/50 we get a manager that will improve is next season.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

So by your logic we're not allowed to not want ANY manager? We have to give everyone a chance at this stage? Brilliant. So if Avram grant was suggested, we wouldn't be allowed to say we don't want him? And you have the audacity to call my post twaddle? :)

As for the bold, yes, Leicester are threatening to win the league. Pearson scraped survival with them.

Plenty of managers have won the championship or got promoted. Plenty.

Most of those managers aren't horrible human beings.

I'll take one of them please.

Allowed ?  You are allowed to do what you like, I'm just giving my view.

And the bit I said was twaddle was in respect of Pearson using foul language at a reporter - as if all the Managers ever haven't done so.

And Yes, I do indeed think we should "give everyone a chance at this stage". 

My God ! What an awful idea.  Fans who have next to no knowledge of peoples real character or footballing or coaching abilities, seeing them as we do for a few minutes each week, simply giving their Pros and Cons ?  Outrageous idea !!  Surely stands to reason we should at the very least each condemn the ones we don't fancy out of hand, surely that makes perfect sense ?  You heard Pearson swear  - OUT !  I see Moyes had some poor results recently  - OUT!    Apparently Steve Bruces farts smell like poo - OUT !

Nah.  You correctly identify that I despise the existence of the media that enables us ill informed witless idiots the Forum to decide, in advance, that Manager X is a prick, or that "if we appoint Z that's it for me ", or "it will just show the Board knows nothing if they ..."

You do realise Ron Saunders was regarded as a right old curmudgeonly so and so, with no time for Boards, Media, or anyone ? He hadn't pulled up trees in his previous roles  -imagine the internet warriors making sure he didn't get a look in.

I see later in the thread you do actually agree that Pearson has done a decent job at Leicester. Quite.  By all means we should debate peoples records and weigh them up, but some of the stuff on here is, well, I've made my point.

And you say Pearson scraped survival with them. 6 points off relegation, 6 points off 11th, for a newly promoted side - I would take that in two years time.  And his influence over the side that is now doing so well can reasonably bew said to be akin to Ron Saunders influence over the side that won the European Cup - I mean, we don't give Tony Barton all the credit for that do we.  And isn't it odd how if people want to defend Moyes at United, they say, "ah but he was left with Fergusons Team, not his fault", yet if they want to attack Pearson its "well its Ranieris team" !!

As I say, debate is great, but this villager with torches stuff about certain people is not for me.

And some then say "Yes I will call him this that and the other now, but 'support' him if we take him on " !!  Clearly with no sense of irony to say the least.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, terrytini said:

...debate is great, but this villager with torches stuff about certain people is not for me.

And some then say "Yes I will call him this that and the other now, but 'support' him if we take him on " !!  Clearly with no sense of irony to say the least.

I liked the whole post, and agreed with all of it, but I really really really don't want Steve Bruce or any other former 'nose manager being our manager. Ever.

yes I am hypocrit.

• Like 2

I actually wouldn't mind Bruce - but its the logistics og getting him. We may have to wait until the play offs finish....Then Hull up his wages and he decides to stay after all....meanwhile Moyes and Pearson have new clubs ....and were down to monk and Mcclaren....

32 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Allowed ?  You are allowed to do what you like, I'm just giving my view.

And the bit I said was twaddle was in respect of Pearson using foul language at a reporter - as if all the Managers ever haven't done so.

And Yes, I do indeed think we should "give everyone a chance at this stage". 

My God ! What an awful idea.  Fans who have next to no knowledge of peoples real character or footballing or coaching abilities, seeing them as we do for a few minutes each week, simply giving their Pros and Cons ?  Outrageous idea !!  Surely stands to reason we should at the very least each condemn the ones we don't fancy out of hand, surely that makes perfect sense ?  You heard Pearson swear  - OUT !  I see Moyes had some poor results recently  - OUT!    Apparently Steve Bruces farts smell like poo - OUT !

Nah.  You correctly identify that I despise the existence of the media that enables us ill informed witless idiots the Forum to decide, in advance, that Manager X is a prick, or that "if we appoint Z that's it for me ", or "it will just show the Board knows nothing if they ..."

You do realise Ron Saunders was regarded as a right old curmudgeonly so and so, with no time for Boards, Media, or anyone ? He hadn't pulled up trees in his previous roles  -imagine the internet warriors making sure he didn't get a look in.

I see later in the thread you do actually agree that Pearson has done a decent job at Leicester. Quite.  By all means we should debate peoples records and weigh them up, but some of the stuff on here is, well, I've made my point.

And you say Pearson scraped survival with them. 6 points off relegation, 6 points off 11th, for a newly promoted side - I would take that in two years time.  And his influence over the side that is now doing so well can reasonably bew said to be akin to Ron Saunders influence over the side that won the European Cup - I mean, we don't give Tony Barton all the credit for that do we.  And isn't it odd how if people want to defend Moyes at United, they say, "ah but he was left with Fergusons Team, not his fault", yet if they want to attack Pearson its "well its Ranieris team" !!

As I say, debate is great, but this villager with torches stuff about certain people is not for me.

I can't be bothered to answer the whole post as most of it is greatly exaggerated (eg the implication that the only reason I don't want Pearson is because he swore once), and some of it just plainly doesn't make any sense (the ferguson analogy, for example, is mind bogglingly nonsensical)

But the bit I will answer is the part I fundamentally disagree with: the idea that we should give everyone a chance at this stage.

The forum is for debate. We're here to debate who we want and don't want as manager.

What you're saying is everyone should be given a chance. So no matter the suggestion, we should all be right behind that suggestion!

So if Justin Bieber is suggested, EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE A CHANCE. We'd all be right behind him would we?

If Pearson gets appointed he'll get a clean slate and I'll support him as much as anyone else. THAT is the point when everyone should be given a chance.

Until then I'll exercise my right to not want the absolute word removed anywhere near the club.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3