Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

Did you refuse to pay the street urchins a couple of quid to mind your car!?

£3 everytime........ After the match, worked almost always. Deserved one out of stupidity, some clown bought me an Aston Villa tax disc holder for Christmas one year, which I proudly used, foolish move.

On 17/08/2021 at 12:44, choffer said:

The treatment on the photo has that 70’s Kodachrome style to it with the heavy contrast, heavy blacks, and bluish hue. I think the photo is from the late 90s or early 2000s though as there is a Ford Focus (released 1998) on the left and a Renault Laguna in front of it. Lovely shot, really harks back to the old days even though it’s not that old

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Did you refuse to pay the street urchins a couple of quid to mind your car!?

You just reminded me of a trip to Anfield. I was late and a scouse git asked if he could mind our car, trouble was it was a no parking zone, so I was always destined to get a ticket and did. Villa winning thanks to Deano sweetened the pill though. I won't ever forget the win or the parking ticket on my birthday too! :D

image.jpeg.e5bfb85b871f0f979b50498406ed6838.jpeg image.jpeg.75ee41bd1d0d9d18d42071007306f815.jpeg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, John said:

You just reminded me of a trip to Anfield. I was late and a scouse git asked if he could mind our car, trouble was it was a no parking zone, so I was always destined to get a ticket and did. Villa winning thanks to Deano sweetened the pill though. I won't ever forget the win or the parking ticket on my birthday too! :D

image.jpeg.e5bfb85b871f0f979b50498406ed6838.jpeg image.jpeg.75ee41bd1d0d9d18d42071007306f815.jpeg

I also got a parking ticket at that same game.

• Like 1

On 17/08/2021 at 13:13, sheepyvillian said:

I remember that concert being a source of complaint for the local neighbours, who we concerned about the noise levels, which is slightly ironic, but then Bruce did do a three hour live, show. It was the " Born To Run" tour, I believe. 

Born to Run would've been way before 1988. Might've been Tunnel of Love or Born in the USA.

On 19/07/2021 at 03:29, Lochheads twin said:

Not my first Villa Park game but the one I have the clearest early memories of was a snow game. My birthday 1962, an FA cup game against Crystal Palace. villa won 4-3, watched it while standing on a pile of snow cleared from the pitch at the front of the Witton End.

Happy Days⛄

I was there - Peter Mac wore the 9 shirt iirc 

• Like 3

On 19/07/2021 at 23:12, SirSteveUK said:

I remember that game too - I was down the front of the Witton End. I seem to recall Peter Mac playing alongside Derek Dougan. But there is a memory that sticks in my mind. The Sunday before, the Palace's Johnny Byrne (later to be a legend with WHU) and his wife were on Sunday Night at The London Palladium - not as performers, but to take part in the interval game Beat the Clock. The game involved somehow an inflatable Yogi Bear punchbag.  Which is exactly what the Palace fans in the Witton were waving above their heads during the match. 😃

I watched that episode of Sunday Night at The London Palladium on Talking Pictures TV earlier this year. That game sounds like it was a lot of fun Yogi Bear inflatables and 7 goals..👍 Couldn't find any pictures of the match, but here is the programme (a snip at 3d):

image.jpeg.a402621b7b9169b67160ef667b845bf2.jpeg 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It was Brian Little's testimonial.

Screenshot 2022-01-06 at 01.10.44.pngaston-villa-england-friendly-brian-little.jpg

Seems legit.

Wow,

The match was played on May 18th 1982 yet they seem to have imported some match officials from the 1960's

How peculiar to have a match sponsor for a testimonial match.  never heard of that before.

Â