Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

On 23/08/2022 at 16:17, delboy54 said:

Weiman is still doing a good job at Brissol City....

Don’t think he was ever really good enough - bit  like that other plonker - all speed, but rarely had the ball under control, and would readily bounce off him. Credit where it’s due though, very good work ethic 

good picture as well

7 hours ago, John said:

Bruce is 75 today. That makes me feel old and I'm sure, the same is the case for Bruce;). What a signing he was, what a player for us and what a shot!

image.jpeg.4743a22ce0aa42916ed27bd293b40631.jpeg Pin on 1970s Football Bruce Rioch Aston Villa 1971 | Aston villa, Soccer shirts, Football club Football Back Then ⚽️🏐⚽️ on Twitter: "Bruce Rioch, Aston Villa (1969-74)  #avfc #Villa #AstonVilla #TheVilla https://t.co/R2I7HFAjtA" / Twitter 

A good player for the Villa. I was devastated when he left but that was always likely to happen, given where we were then.

As you say, a terrifically powerful shot, scored some great goals. You could sense the anticipation in the crowd when he was striding through the middle of the pitch or lining up a free kick. He was also an intelligent player but also had a bit of an edge about him.

Happy Birthday  Bruce.

• Like 1

On 06/09/2022 at 12:02, John said:

Bruce is 75 today. That makes me feel old and I'm sure, the same is the case for Bruce;). What a signing he was, what a player for us and what a shot!

image.jpeg.4743a22ce0aa42916ed27bd293b40631.jpeg Pin on 1970s Football Bruce Rioch Aston Villa 1971 | Aston villa, Soccer shirts, Football club Football Back Then ⚽️🏐⚽️ on Twitter: "Bruce Rioch, Aston Villa (1969-74)  #avfc #Villa #AstonVilla #TheVilla https://t.co/R2I7HFAjtA" / Twitter 

A belated happy birthday Bruce. Very happy memories of The King of Villa Park and the Rioch Rocket!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, USA_Villa said:

I need cheering up. Has anyone got a link of the video that one of the players or coaches took from inside the bus on its way to Wembley? The sight of all the Villa fans lining the route makes me smile.

You might want to have a look through here:

The clip on the coach I believe you may be referring to is this one:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 09/09/2022 at 11:33, John said:

The late Queen at Villa Park in 1951 and six years later at Wembley:

Aston Villa mourn the passing of Her Majesty The Queen | AVFC  image.jpeg.571ee4b1ce80d2b203caceca93e4d8ab.jpeg

The great thing about that picture of Her Majesty handing the F.A. Cup to Johnny Dixon, is that she looks absolutely delighted and all the suits around her look miserable as sin. An F.A. Cup final with no var to save Man U. Perfect. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

That's a great photo.

You always consider it to have been Victorian Architecture, but it really wasn't.

My next door neighbor is 104.  He would have been 11 years old when that was complete.  Could conceivably have attended matches at Villa Park before the stand was built!

• Like 2

Â