Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

15 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Is there somewhere I could source high res versions of these pictures? 

Right click on the second image, "search image with Google", suggests that "media storehouse" might be able to assist.

• Thanks 1

Photo (1) taken in 1975 (against Manchester United) showing "The Grader" and the right hand side of the old Witton End, as well as the old club buildings that were demolished a few years later. The second shows Ron after our LCF semi final win against Chester, alongside our 1957 FA Cup winning manager Eric Houghton and seated, Chris Nichol and a bit of the head of Ian Ross between someone who agreed to have a stand named after him (love to see those two ex-managers together):

Aston Villa F. C. vs. Manchester United F. C For sale as Framed Prints,  Photos, Wall Art and Photo Gifts  Ron Saunders at Aston Villa - Birmingham Live

• Like 4

for anyone on Twitter/X

I can recommend following AVFC on camera......there's some great Villa pics on there 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Lovely pic when did the St George Flag replace the Union Jack is the question.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, S-Platt said:

I would hazard a guess, that there may have been a few St George's flags available from Euro 86 and it was a gradual process after then. 

Edited by John

On 27/03/2024 at 14:47, John said:

Photo (1) taken in 1975 (against Manchester United) showing "The Grader" and the right hand side of the old Witton End, as well as the old club buildings that were demolished a few years later. The second shows Ron after our LCF semi final win against Chester, alongside our 1957 FA Cup winning manager Eric Houghton and seated, Chris Nichol and a bit of the head of Ian Ross between someone who agreed to have a stand named after him (love to see those two ex-managers together):

Aston Villa F. C. vs. Manchester United F. C For sale as Framed Prints,  Photos, Wall Art and Photo Gifts  Ron Saunders at Aston Villa - Birmingham Live

How sexist is that first one, telling the ladies where they can get refreshments 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

How sexist is that first one, telling the ladies where they can get refreshments 

Yes, I was often parched on the Witton End, but couldn't find a drop to drink! :D

Scrolling through this thread while listening to the 140 year video is a magical experience.

Wonder if they'll do a similar video for 150 years? Also, side note, wow... 150 years of AVFC. Such great history and tradition. Passed down through so many generations. It is very humbling to be a part of something that was around long before I was born and will be around long after I am gone.

• Like 1

On 09/04/2024 at 22:48, S-Platt said:

96 I would guess during the Euros. Being an English football fan became fashionable again, and the negative connections of the flag became less so plus the rise of nationalism in Wales and Scotland.

Â