Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

On 22/04/2022 at 18:38, S-Platt said:

Topical one Villa fans in Kiev 1982 can you spot Putin in the crowd?

IMG-20220421-WA0007.jpg

Proof all Vile live in the shires

Spoiler

Mate

On 23/04/2022 at 23:35, S-Platt said:

OK nobody wanted to play but what do you think could it be?

IMG-20220421-WA0007.jpg

I spend a good 10 minutes on my Samsung galaxy note10 with pen! Trying to draw a circle around that **** to answer the quiz, damnit. Failed.

• Haha 1

On 22/04/2022 at 18:00, sheepyvillian said:

Good job they never got a penalty because in all my time whilst Rimmer was there, I never saw Jimmy save a penalty. I'd be happy for someone to show me different. 

You are right, although Trevor Ross did put one a couple of feet wide in December 1981 and Jimmy may have saved that one, had he been on target, as he had guessed the right way. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that one ;).  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John said:

You are right, although Trevor Ross did put one a couple of feet wide in December 1981 and Jimmy may have saved that one, had he been on target, as he had guessed the right way. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that one ;).  

It's a really strange one. When you think of some of the great saves he made for us. 

Another shrewd, excellent signing by RS. How I wish we had someone with his canny eye today. Mr Aston Villa. 

• Like 1

On 22/04/2022 at 18:38, S-Platt said:

Topical one Villa fans in Kiev 1982 can you spot Putin in the crowd?

IMG-20220421-WA0007.jpg

You could also do "Spot the Smile" for the home fans and guards. I've spotted three in total (the woman in the fur on the right near the flags (admiring our crew), a chap half way up on the right (possibly CIA? ;)) and the amused smirk on the chap at the bottom right wearing the military fur hat*. What a contrast to the one to his right looking away* (who looks like he always knew we were going to knock them out!  :hooray:

• Like 2

Still my favourite Villa player ever over the 1000s I've seen in my lifetime (64years a Villan). Never seems the get the recognition he deserves!  If your talking about 'Villa legends' then surely he's up there with the best.

Happy Birthday Charlie

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Saw this in a FB group and thought i'd share it here.

Lots of our younger fans would probably not realise this.

Back in  the 60's and 70's the bus company used to run 'football specials' from various parts of the the City Centre to VP and wait their to take you back after the match.

They became known simply as 'the special' and all three clubs had them.

I remember getting them from Corporation Street opposite where Harry Parkes had his sports shop (where the Tesco Express is now) and then outside The Cabin, now the Grey Lantern next to Big Johns.

A few drinks in the Crown and then it was 'c'mon lads, lets get the special'

spacer.png

• Like 4

10 hours ago, imavillan said:

Saw this in a FB group and thought i'd share it here.

Lots of our younger fans would probably not realise this.

Back in  the 60's and 70's the bus company used to run 'football specials' from various parts of the the City Centre to VP and wait their to take you back after the match.

They became known simply as 'the special' and all three clubs had them.

I remember getting them from Corporation Street opposite where Harry Parkes had his sports shop (where the Tesco Express is now) and then outside The Cabin, now the Grey Lantern next to Big Johns.

A few drinks in the Crown and then it was 'c'mon lads, lets get the special'

spacer.png

Seems a very elegant solution to a genuine problem. 

So they no longer run of course. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â