Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Wow,

The match was played on May 18th 1982 yet they seem to have imported some match officials from the 1960's

How peculiar to have a match sponsor for a testimonial match.  never heard of that before.

I wonder why the kit is Umbro rather than that season's Coq Sportif kit.

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

aston-villa-england-friendly-brian-little.jpg

Didn't realise that Kenneth Williams was an assistant ref in the 1980's??

I think you're stretching a bit there. Incidentally, Mortimer has to be up there in being one of the best English midfielders never to get a full cap for his Country. I remember my Old Man raving about him when he came from Coventry. I whish we has someone with the nous of Saunders, today, when it comes to recruitment. 

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have the photo-shopped photo of Grealish surrounded by Agent Smiths like he's neo from the matrix?

Edit: my mistake. It was one posted above the other.

829741b0da9e5b359a85a85eea53e090.0.jpg

ae2a4742fe5051f973a55619fa0bd4c4.0.jpg

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/02/2022 at 08:22, Phil Silvers said:

V3LQ8xvz?format=jpg&name=900x900

On 10/02/2022 at 08:27, sidcow said:

Wtf. Is that a D size battery pack for Spinks extra gigantic Walkman there? 

Never noticed the walkman and battery pack before, it looks like he's wearing Batman's utility belt 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Not a photograph, apologies! But cool!

There's an extended 5 minute version on YouTube.

Here's a couple of comments. Amazing.

William McGregor
1 year ago (edited)
Great to see the legendary Fred Rinder there, behind the Villa lads as they come onto the field. Among Rinder's many contributions to Villa and the game, he was to start the tradition of singing "Abide With Me" before  FA Cup  finals.  His feeling was that it was a popular song in the trenches of WW1 and it would resonate with post-War crowds, bringing a sense of dignity and sobriety to the Grand Occasion.
Not only did Villa give League Football to the world, their trophy count was unsurpassed for over three quarters of the twentieth century - the original giants of the game.  Hopefully Villa will be back at the top soon,  ruling the roost, putting each and every plastic Jonny-come-lately club to the sword.

A shout out to Sunderland, too, a great club currently going through tough times.

Richard Williams
2 years ago (edited)
Harry Hampton 2nd in line amongst those leading the Villa out. To this day our leading league goalscorer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 25/03/2022 at 11:05, OutByEaster? said:

Wasn't "Where's your treble gone?" from two years before?

I remember staying at the Wembley Hilton the night after the game and winding up Man U fans all night. Stuff like, Plastic - “Well done but you must admit we’re the best team in the country.”

Me - “Where’s your trophy then?”

It was relentless to such an extent people were coming up to me betore the FA Cup semifinal at OT 2 years later and saying that they’d never seen people wound up so much. It was about to go off when about 30 lads came in that I knew and suddenly the plastics melted away. Happy days. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 4

I remember that we were in a pub near Preston Road tube station after the 94 final and a group of Newton Heath fans got up and began leaving, when my mate shouted over to them "Hold on lads, you've forgot something" and reached down towards the floor with both hands, as if he was picking something up, he then said "Carry on lads, my mistake, you didn't win the trophy, after all did you?):crylaugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â