Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Because he was within a slip of winning the title two seasons ago and is probably going to be the next England manager I'd imagine.

I actually forgot about that, however, stranger things have happened.

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Nigel Pearson could be the right appointment with us going down.

But I don't rate him or like him.

He's got about three months good form in his career as a manager. This is what we've become.

3 months? He's had 2 promotions and a play off appearance, Plus the run at the end of last season

I'm not saying he is the messiah but he's got experience of turning a team around and getting them back up

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

That would be right, another manager with so called potential.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3502832/Aston-Villa-consider-Anderlecht-coach-Besnik-Hasi-Remi-Garde-nears-exit.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Aston Villa to consider Anderlecht coach Besnik Hasi as Remi Garde nears exit

• Aston Villa expected to announce departure of Remi Garde in next 24 hours
  • Albanian Besnik Hasi has emerged as a surprise name under consideration
  • Former Leicester boss Nigel Pearson is among the preferred candidates 

By Simon Jones for MailOnline

Anderlecht coach Besnik Hasi has emerged as one of the surprise names under consideration by Aston Villa.

The Premier League basement club are expected to announce the departure of Remi Garde in the next 24 hours and former Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson is among the preferred candidates.

Pearson wants a club he will be allowed to develop and grow and Villa fits the bill in many ways but it is not an easy task. There are also potential changes at other clubs which he is maintaining interest in.

Anderlecht coach Besnik Hasi has emerged as one of the surprise names under consideration by Aston Villa

+4

Anderlecht coach Besnik Hasi has emerged as one of the surprise names under consideration by Aston Villa

Frenchman Remi Garde is expected to leave the Premier League's bottom club in the next 24 hours

+4

Frenchman Remi Garde is expected to leave the Premier League's bottom club in the next 24 hours

Hull's Steve Bruce and Tony Pulis at West Brom are other names in the frame for Villa but Hasi has been proposed to Villa as another coach of great potential.

Hasi, who was at the Manchester derby on Saturday sat alongside City and Belgium captain Vincent Kompany, is only 44 but has quickly established a reputation for developing young players and has shown an ability to cope after some stars were sold on.

A centre-back as a player, Hasi was born in Yugoslavia but went on to represent Albania and won 44 caps.

He began coaching as an assistant at Anderlecht in 2008 and became manager in 2014 and has a 53percent win percentage. 

Anderlecht are third in the Belgian League with some promising youngsters such as Dennis Praet and Youri Tielemans expected to attract big offers from Premier League sides in the summer.

Look at that little face, how could anyone not want Remi to stay.

21 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Haha. Brendan Rodgers? :) We might as well go for Messi and Ronaldo up front whilst we're at it. That's about the likelihood of Rodgers ever coming to our disaster of a club. Seriously, he is so far out of our reach its ridiculous.

You're about as deluded as he is!! Where exactly do you think rogers is going to end up? Luckiest manager going, how he got the liverpool job i will never know. He ain't good enough for villa, thats how 'highly' I rate him.

Jumped on a moving bike at swansea, and at liverpool, but he'd got suarez pedalling for him at anfield. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

3 months? He's had 2 promotions and a play off appearance, Plus the run at the end of last season

I'm not saying he is the messiah but he's got experience of turning a team around and getting them back up

Must. Resist. Monty. Python. Clip.

• Like 3

I feel like Im liking every Pearson positive post but I would be happy with his appointment. As mentioned by posters throughout this thread, he has Championship promotion experience and Premiership experience. He has a good reputation by fans of teams that he has actually managed and this goes against his media portrayed persona.

However anyone coming in needs to backed by the board to make the changes necessary. Remi can see the problem but has not been backed and this is where we are and will continue to be until we back the man coming in and importantly that man has the minerals to sort out the players. Unfortunately for some the players I dont think there is any coming back in the eyes of the fans as they have downed tools and do not care one bit. 

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I don't understand why people want Nigel Pearson as manager :(

Because he has a decent CV? Certainly for where we are at the moment.Same as Bruce.

18 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Hiring Pearson is like the managerial equivalent of signing Joey Barton. Might do a job for us, but nah ***** that.

Joey Barton would have been a more than valuable addition this season, it's that same very "No we are too morally high" attitude which has actually cost us alot over the past few years.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Joey Barton would have been a more than valuable addition this season, it's that same very "No we are too morally high" attitude which has actually cost us alot over the past few years.

This.

I think a lot of fans need to have a reality check. We need a proven championship manager which is what pearson is (& bruce & hughton)

52 minutes ago, Xela said:

Because he has a decent CV? Certainly for where we are at the moment.Same as Bruce.

But it's not even that good!  He's done things with Leicester, and that's great, but that's all he has.

Failed at Southampton.  Failed at Hull.  Even after Leicester stayed up, the club wanted rid.

He should be so far down the list of managers we'd think of approaching that the chance of him coming to the club would be incredibly close to 0%.

Edited by bobzy

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

Does anybody else think that we will spend more money in severance pay to the management and coaches leaving than we will net spend on new players in the summer? 

thats certainly one of the reasons the books are showing losses of 27m.

hire pearson ,..sack pearson..try the next cocktail & see if it tastes better..

give moyes the job,5 year plan, set a marker down, get the respect back in the dressing room,will work out cheaper than the hire & fire system