Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

My mind is made up. The club is in a sorry state, hence me liking that post. And its because of that sorry state that we are not going to attract the names you mention. 

And before you bring up Benitez, that is a completely different scenario. Benitez agreed to manage a premier league club, protecting himself with a get out clause should they go down. As it is, Ashley has probably offered him a kings ransom, he probably feels he can bring them straight back and he claims to be feeling the love of the Newcastle public. A totally different situation to ours. 

With all due respect, thats bollox IMO

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Percy stole Gregg Evans thunder. 

Percy also harping on about Football League have concerns over the make up of the Villa board. The only one reporting that from the journos breaking the news. Plucked out of the fears of some supporters no doubt. 

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

55% of people voting on the mail website aren't happy.

I gotta say I am pretty content right now. I'm of the belief that we were aiming damn high trying to get managers like Di Matteo. I mean how many Championship clubs land a Champions League winning manager? Not many. It may all go to shit but that can happen with any manager, it's a leap of faith and I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the ride. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, supermon said:

Interesting video, clearly wants a united team n has ability to manage big characters. His I interview is in the middle, didn't know he could speak fluent German.

According to Football Manager (aka Heaven), Di Matteo is fluent in Italian, English and German.

I'm going to hazard a guess that this "breakthrough" news will be along the lines of:

'Villa set to announce that RDM will become the new manager some time in the next few days'

This journalism lark is easy. 

You haven't had enough credit for this, Mystic Meg.

Domo arigato Mr. Roberto.

• Like 3