Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

1 minute ago, meme said:

According to Football Manager (aka Heaven), Di Matteo is fluent in Italian, English and German.

Should come in handy with our french lads.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gary Thomas said:

Think he might be quite good in terms of keeping some of our young talents here - can see the likes of Amavi and Adama wanting to play for him.

Didn't he promote a few youngsters at Schalke?

9 minutes ago, supermon said:

Interesting video, clearly wants a united team n has ability to manage big characters. His I interview is in the middle, didn't know he could speak fluent German.

He seems to exude confidence and authority, did not know he was fluent at German either, quite impressive! I was one who actually wanted him here some time ago!

Champions League winning Manager, achiever of the automatic promotion with West Brom.

Good talk, good management of youngsters. What is people's problem? This signing should be seen on the same level as Benitez.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Didn't he promote a few youngsters at Schalke?

He did play Max Meyer and Julian Draxler but most managers would. They were very good at young age.

13 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Percy stole Gregg Evans thunder. 

Percy also harping on about Football League have concerns over the make up of the Villa board. The only one reporting that from the journos breaking the news. Plucked out of the fears of some supporters no doubt. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Samuelson who is the concern after his money laundering accusations and Reading debacle. 

20 minutes ago, Kingman said:

With all due respect, thats bollox IMO

And the idea that we could have tempted LVG or Hiddink isn't?

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

Champions League winning Manager, achiever of the automatic promotion with West Brom.

Good talk, good management of youngsters. What is people's problem? This signing should be seen on the same level as Benitez.

I think his tactics and man management (in the short term at least) are sound.  

Most people  believe there are question marks over whether he can completely rebuild a squad as he hasn't needed to before. This is made more difficult with Xia's decision to sack the entire scouting department. Only time will tell I guess.       

13 minutes ago, meme said:

According to Football Manager (aka Heaven), Di Matteo is fluent in Italian, English and German.

Being part Swiss he might speak french as well?

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

And the idea that we could have tempted LVG or Hiddink isn't?

Read all of my post about what i said about being realistic and ambitious, The ££££, The T&C's, The complete package etc 

Not just cherry pick a couple of lines to sound off. 

Just a thought like.

Edited by Kingman

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

I think his tactics and man management (in the short term at least) are sound.  

Most people  believe there are question marks over whether he can completely rebuild a squad as he hasn't needed to before. This is made more difficult with Xia's decision to sack the entire scouting department. Only time will tell I guess.       

Good argument - we just don't know. Fingers crossed for him though!

1 minute ago, Kingman said:

Read all of my post about what i said about being realistic and ambitious, Not just cherry pick a couple of lines to sound off. 

Just a thought like.

You seem to be getting quite cross about this, but to be honest if you list a whole ream of managers who would never join the club in a million years, and then blame the club for not 'being ambitious', then people have a right to retort. If you don't now think LVG or Hiddink are realistic expectations, why did you include them in the post in the first place? 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

You seem to be getting quite cross about this, but to be honest if you list a whole ream of managers who would never join the club in a million years, and then blame the club for not 'being ambitious', then people have a right to retort. If you don't now think LVG or Hiddink are realistic expectations, why did you include them in the post in the first place? 

Dude, go back and read it again!!!