Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Just now, The Moustache of Teale said:

Hopefully the c*^ts in our squad will be shipped out. His CV is good, I'm cautiously optimistic (that term's been used a lot lately) about next season.

If they are then i think he could be the right man.  If they arent then he is far from it.

Would have preferred Moyes (deciding factor was probably to win my bet).  I'm happy with RDM though, partly due to past successes but mainly as it isn't Pearson.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Disasterous appoint that will condem the club to Championship football for more than one or two seasons

so why did he not do this at WBA which seem to have had less funding and prospects than us?:trollface:

• Like 2

The only up side to this appointment is that if Pearson does well at Derby then those who wanted him as a manager will be able to say told you so and conversely if he does badly............

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

so why did he not do this at WBA which seem to have had less funding and prospects than us?:trollface:

Because he took over a club who were less of a shambles and who didn't have half a dozen poisonous Pollock's who dominate the first team squad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

The only up side to this appointment is that if Pearson does well at Derby then those who wanted him as a manager will be able to say told you so and conversely if he does badly............

Yeah that would be a real up side. Can't wait for that to happen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

Because he took over a club who were less of a shambles and who didn't have half a dozen poisonous Pollock's who dominate the first team squad.

Well this insinuates that it's the " Poisonous Pollocks" who are disastrous, and not the manager or appointment.

I'm not mad keen, largely because I have no idea who will sort player recruitment, and no idea what he knows about our Squad.  On the other hand, I'm certainly not down about it either, as he has a good record. 

Not my 1st choice, which was Rodgers,(although he may be more like Rodgers than anyone else) nor my second, which would've been Moyes or Pearson, but I really don't think there is an awful lot between several candidates. And contrary to many, I think they were several good candidates, not several poor ones.

I think our football will be more watchable than under Moyes or Pearson.

Those who wanted much better - I've no idea who they think that could've been - whilst we are still a big Club in many ways any Top Manager will wait and see.

I'm not sure I share concerns that he wont be able to sort out difficult players - in truth, just as with Pearson, we have no idea what his character is really like.  A few mad. tough words don't make a guy tough, and being quietly spoken doesn't make a guy weak. He may be capable of being hard or soft depending on the situation. (I suspect he will be, just as I suspect Pearson would've been),

He plays decent football, and is, inarguably, a winner through and through.  By that I mean his whole career has been about winning.  He knows about winning. I that is a massive quality.  I'm not sure it matters he has been out of our football for a while.  It might, it might not.

I do think it says something about our prospects, because I couldn't see him signing for us unless he was sure he would get money.  And he may be able to  spend that money on players who may not have been as ready to work under a less distinguished manager.

When we got Lambo, I thought the idea, that we get someone and stick with them, give them the chance to make us their Club, was sound, and RDM does lend himself to that role. He has never yet made anywhere his own, and he is young enough (and hopefully resourced enough) to do that here.

He is not a genius.  But it isn't a bad appointment. Any further judgement has to be suspended until we see him in action with the Squad.

Welcome to the revolution RDM.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Fine, not my first choice by any means but he's hardly a bad manager, has a pretty good record at everywhere he has been and has experience of getting promoted. 

This. He wouldn't of been my first choice (nor would have Pearson) but both had the potential to do what we want (promotion), they would do it in different ways. 

Ultimately we are a championship club. Given below last club was Shalke and finished 6th he could of argued to get a job in premiership/serie a/la liga etc. Therefore in that respect it would be a coup. Yes you can question his champions league win, but the matter of fact is he still won. He has also done promotion from the league we are in. Only time will tell whether he can do it, but certainly with the right backing he will get us to push for what we want. 

And those saying he won't control the bad eggs, who says they are going to stay around? Dr Xia has made it clear he's unhappy with the players and will be quite happy if RDM says "get rid of them all". Given how it was last season I very much doubt they will want to stay anyway... I would expect the squad to be told "whoever doesn't want to be here **** off", leaving the players that want to play for the shirt.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well this insinuates that it's the " Poisonous Pollocks" who are disastrous, and not the manager or appointment.

Of course thats what it means.  He still has to manage them and he is does not come accross has having a strong enough personality to do that.