Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

What about your excuses about when Martinez failed? I'd love to hear that.

11th and 12th with that squad is piss-poor.

We're arguing when neither of us will back down, but Moyes has far more of a good record behind him than Martinez who has one very good season and one trophy winning season marred by doing something that neither Bruce or Jewel did, taking WIgan down, and spending more money than both of them in the process.

To the above, I was just reading Stevo's post and got carried away. However, it doesn't really change anything. You're still giving pelters to Moyes, who clearly has a better record than Martinez, while defending the latter.

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

What about your excuses about when Martinez failed? 

I don't have any, my opinion is balanced.

See the post where I gave a number of similarities between the two. The only difference being that martinez had won something.

Classic Daily Mail - "Could the seemingly two-horse race for the Villa job be about to lose a horse?"

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-managerial-candidate-interviewed-11390824

One of the prominent candidates for the Aston Villa job could be set for a move elsewhere. Nigel Pearson has been interviewed by fellow Championship side Derby ahead of the 2015-16 campaign.The Rams are still looking for a replacement for Paul Clement, who left the club mid-season, with interim Darren Wassall overseeing their failed play-off campaign. Pearson, who has been out of work since departing Leicester on the eve of last season, is second favourite for the Villa gig behind clear favourite Roberto Di Matteo. The Telegraph report that Pearson, 52, has held talks at the iPro Stadium this past week. He is as short as 1/4 with some bookies to become the next boss of the Rams.

Edit. If Derby win the premier league in a couple of years I am going to be really pissed off -_-

Edited by Gary Thomas

Just now, Woodytom said:

I don't have any, my opinion is balanced.

See the post where I gave a number of similarities between the two. The only difference being that martinez had won something.

So Martinez = Moyes because he won 1 trophy? Even though he took them down? And Moyes has umpteen good finishes with Everton, to Martinez's one?

The logic strikes again.

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I honestly think you could argue he did the worst job of any manager in the most recent season.

Mourinho?

LVG?

Pellegrini?

Hughes has spent a bit and not really gone forward.

Pardew? Suppose he was saved with a cup run.

A lot of names to throw into that debate imo.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

And Moyes has umpteen good finishes with Everton, to Martinez's one?

Here's logic Stefan. 

Comparing the number good seasons at everton of the two.

How many years was he there in comparison.

Moyes' first three seasons? He nearly took Everton down in one of them.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Simple question Woodytom.

Do you think Martinez is a better manager than Moyes?

No. And I've never indicated that.

What I do believe is that martinez is not as bad as ppl are making out and moyes certainly isn't as good as ppl are making out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

As entertaining as it is,  it is all rather pointless as neither Moyes or Martinez are going to be our next appointment

I've just got this funny feeling Richard that it may be martinez. The odds just aren't short enough on the other two imo for one of them to be the sure fire thing that ppl seem to think.

Villa could have also not got relegated in an alternative universe :D

Martinez failed at Everton big time. I like him and wouldn't mind him as manager here to be honest. We're a completely different proposition to Everton. 

In my eyes this needs to happen today/tomorrow. We need to start working on transfers and preseason, especially with Newcastle confirming Benitez yesterday.

If we stand a chance of getting good transfers and prepared enough to come back up, we need to do this now.