Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

27 minutes ago, av1 said:

200w.gif

Make your mind up, you liked the below quote of

"Top 4 in the betting, RDM, Pearson, Bruce, Martinez 

What a **** sorry state of affairs"

Yet quoted half a story with half decent gaffer options with a pi55  poor gif. 

Pathetic 

Edited by Kingman

I'm going to hazard a guess that this "breakthrough" news will be along the lines of:

'Villa set to announce that RDM will become the new manager some time in the next few days'

This journalism lark is easy. 

9 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Gregg Evans has an update shortly following a breakthrough today...

Dr Xia will hire Dr Jozef Venglos - you heard it here first! 

Doctor, Doctor can't you hear me calling.  New song for a match day too  :D

• Like 1

Benitez also signed for a Premier League club.:rolleyes:

Also, the mentioned candidates are Premier League managers, RDM is a Premier League Manager, Chamipnship manage, and Champions League Manager (no point in debating that one, been done to death)

Benitez decided to stay tho, he could have gone thinking the Championship was beneath him, but he has stayed. Im not disputing RDM credentials. He is my preferred choice.

I have just had enough of people ( mostly at work) that Villa should be grateful for any manager showing an interest because the fans are on the managers back after a bad result. What makes Newcastle so big?

Anyway let's hope this does not draw on much longer, its going to be a tough job as it is.

Roberto Di Matteo is on the brink of taking over at Aston Villa after further talks with chairman Steve Hollis today.

Edited by AlwaysAVFC
Realised was sort of posting a link, thought I better add part of article

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Di Matteo on the brink of being appointed.

Wouldn't have been in my top 50 of choices.

Still, it's Xia's money and RDM needs to be given the chance to flourish.

Edited by Pilchard

Just now, calcifer said:

Benitez decided to stay tho, he could have gone thinking the Championship was beneath him, but he has stayed. Im not disputing RDM credentials. He is my preferred choice.

How many options did Benitez realistically have? Furthermore, he will be wanting to rectify the relegation, and his image by getting them promoted. I am sure he is also receiving a pretty penny.

9 minutes ago, Rodders said:

looking forward to the update: 

"" Villa a step closer to appointing manager after another 24 hours of chat ( probably )". [ EXCLUSIVE ] 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-manager-latest-update-11391988

Roberto Di Matteo is close to becoming the new Aston Villa boss after holding talks with chairman Steve Hollis today.

Discussions are said to have gone well and the Italian is expected to be offered the job in the coming days.

ADVERTISING
Hollis hoped to appoint a new manager before the end of the week and while that is now unlikely to happen, there are thought to be only a few minor details left to sort out.
It means that Di Matteo, who has the full backing of owner-in-waiting Tony Xia, could be officially named as Villa boss within the next 72 hours

:crylaugh:
Edited by Rodders
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Make your mind up, you liked the below quote of

"Top 4 in the betting, RDM, Pearson, Bruce, Martinez 

What a **** sorry state of affairs"

Yet quoted half a story with half decent gaffer options with a pi55  poor gif. 

Pathetic 

My mind is made up. The club is in a sorry state, hence me liking that post. And its because of that sorry state that we are not going to attract the names you mention. 

And before you bring up Benitez, that is a completely different scenario. Benitez agreed to manage a premier league club, protecting himself with a get out clause should they go down. As it is, Ashley has probably offered him a kings ransom, he probably feels he can bring them straight back and he claims to be feeling the love of the Newcastle public. A totally different situation to ours. 

Positive of RDM is that he may be able to attract higher calibre of players given his connections. Maybe get in some Chelsea loans. Wouldn't mind some snazzy German players either 

Edited by supermon
  • Like 3