Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

39 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Disasterous appoint that will condem the club to Championship football for more than one or two seasons

Way that post was going I was expecting four or five decades rather than a season or two.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

We can attain someone who is better than Martinez.

I'd take him over Pearson though.

can't you write about the new manager without mentioning Pearson?...... is it assassination  by a thousand cuts?

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, Jarpie said:

Are there really any managers who has experience in rebuilding the team?

yes ......the standout candidate.

8 minutes ago, Kingman said:

The reason why most are happy is because it's Not Pearson, Nothing to do with RDM. 

Sad really.

Sad if it was true. but it's not.

49 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Ultimately we are a championship club. Given below last club was Shalke and finished 6th he could of argued to get a job in premiership/serie a/la liga etc. Therefore in that respect it would be a coup. Yes you can question his champions league win, but the matter of fact is he still won. He has also done promotion from the league we are in. Only time will tell whether he can do it, but certainly with the right backing he will get us to push for what we want. 

It could also be argued that it has been some time since he last managed anywhere and it seems he tried to get a job with Lazio whilst he was under consideration for a job and did not get it so it is not quite a coup for me.

He is 1/6 now with Coral so it seems he is the choice of our new owner if not possibly those who were tasked with the job of selecting a new manager several weeks ago or quite a few of us on VT.

If he does get the job I wish him the luck anyone who would have took this job would have needed. Top 2 is all I ask of him, top 6 is the minimum requirement and anything less than that is unacceptable. ;)    

1 minute ago, Kingman said:

Unfortunately it's so very true.

In your head. The same head that thinks we should be appointing Hiddink or Van Gaal.

Back in the real world, people are happy because RDM actually has a very good record and is a solid appointment. It's nothing to do with the manager who apparently I'm not allowed to name otherwise TRO will start crying.

If we'd appointed Gary Megson people wouldn't be happy just because it wasn't NP

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Can't I mention Pearson without you throwing your toys out of the pram about it?

Pearson is one of two favourites for the job. I was discussing another possibility and mentioned that I'd prefer him over one of the two favourites (I'd take RDM ahead of Martinez).

Get the **** over it or stop reading my posts if they offend you so much. Jesus Christ.

They don't offend me at all and my toys are firmly in the pram.....He isn't coming to us anyway, so its a redundant topic

.....but, I thinks its embarrassing how much you have to mention that you dislike him....we do know that, you know.

Di Matteo is an ok appointment for me. Not great but not bad either.

13 hours ago, hippo said:

I don't want thread 'Hijacked' as it was yesterday - so Ill leave you to work that one out. 

Didn't realise discussing potential Villa managers in the next manager thread was "hijacking" it.