Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

They don't offend me at all and my toys are firmly in the pram.....He isn't coming to us anyway, so its a redundant topic

.....but, I thinks its embarrassing how much you have to mention that you dislike him....we do know that, you know.

I didn't mention that I disliked him. I said I'd prefer Martinez as manager instead of him. 

In a topic about potential new managers, I was comparing one of the favourites to another.

Crazy, I know.

Edited by Stevo985

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

yes ......the standout candidate.

Will you go on about how we should of got Pearson if we lose and derby win? Is this something you will go on about for the next year ? 

I think Pearson is a massive prick and I'm glad he won't be near us, that said if he had (unfortunately) ended up here I would of got behind him 100% like I have with all villa managers. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Jesus Christ what is it about Pearson that makes some people react to criticism of him with such hostility?

Because he is the kind of manager that I could see manage Hull / Derby / Birmingham City. We are better than him. RDM is the man!

Edited by Mic09

Just now, Mic09 said:

Because he is the kind of manager that is good enough for Hull / Derby / Birmingham City. We are better than him. RDM is the man!

I agree - I just don't get why some people get so defensive over him.

Just now, Mantis said:

I agree - I just don't get why some people get so defensive over him.

I feel rather strongly against him - I know we are low, but not ''Pearson low''. I would be very dissapointed if first we talk about a top six finish in 5 years and then our journey begins with Pearson.

The fact that it looks like we have landed a Champions League winner, ex Chelsea manager with an excellent record is, at least in my eyes, another nail into the coffin of those who doubt our new owner! Person would have been a big dissapointment, such an underwhealming manager.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I feel rather strongly against him - I know we are low, but not ''Pearson low''. I would be very dissapointed if first we talk about a top six finish in 5 years and then our journey begins with Pearson.

but Leicester title journey started with Pearson :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

And would have ended with him. Ask Leicester fans. Ask Leicester's owner.

and who says he cant build a foundation like he did at Leicester get us up and then replace him with a better manager. What Southampton, West Ham, Stoke and Leicester have done in recent seasons, what Villa should have done in 2009 with MON

Underwhelmed by this, nothing against RDM but uninspiring appointment.

We need a new culture and style of play implementing from the ground up, Martinez, Rogers would have had us playing football, Moyes would have had us gritty and hard to beat, what does RDM bring?

We seemingly keep lurching from one short term gamble to another with no long term vision.  If Tony Xia has real wealth, get a decent manager in and build a platform for the future as parachute payments are not the be all and end all!

I for one am going to support the appointment, when it happens. If, as reports say, is RDM then let's see what he can do with us. Balls to WBA, Chelsea and Schalke, this is a chance for him to build something and for us to possibly cheer something. Let's see what happens......

• Like 1