Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

2 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Mourinho?

LVG?

Pellegrini?

Hughes has spent a bit and not really gone forward.

Pardew? Suppose he was saved with a cup run.

A lot of names to throw into that debate imo.

Martinez has been comfortably worse than all of them.

I'm not sure what he's done this season to justify having performed better than any of them.

15 minutes ago, Kingman said:

If our new owners are serious about Promotion, Becoming an established Top six Premier league club and then Competing/Challenging in Europe. 

Someones been on the Crystal Meth if they think one off RDM, Pearson, Bruce, Martinez  is gonna take to new bright **** sunlit uplands!

We are damaged goods at the moment and beggers can't be choosers. That's been stated before. We can worry about Europe if and when we achieve our shorter term objectives. The next manager needs to do that and I can see pros and cons with most of the candidates in the frame.

Pep Guardiola might be interested in us in a few years time but until then...

18 minutes ago, Kingman said:

If our new owners are serious about Promotion, Becoming an established Top six Premier league club and then Competing/Challenging in Europe. 

Someones been on the Crystal Meth if they think one of RDM, Pearson, Bruce, Martinez  is going to take us to new bright **** sunlit uplands!

Our next manager isn't going to be the one who gets us into Europe.

The sooner we get away from that sort of recruitment the better. All that encourages is appointing unknown gambles.

Our next manager should have the goal of promotion followed by survival in the premier league. Form there we re-evaluate and if that manager can't take us forward, we appoint a new one.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

I think it is clear you do note rate RDM, Pearson etc..  But who, realistically, should we appoint?

Realistically? Again Gary that depends on how ambitious our owners are. 

Realistically how serious are they with regards to, What package are they offering? The T&C's? Total Control of team affairs without interference? Own Scouting network? Own coaching staff? Line of reporting with no DOF's? No Money ball methodologies? Guaranteed Transfer Kitty? Salary per year? £Bonus for Promotion? 

If the owners are serious and all the above tick the right boxes then why can't we attract the likes of Moyes, Rodgers, Benitez, Pellegrini, Mancini, LVG, Hiddink, de Boer, AVB, Scolari, Laudrup, Emery? Think high aim high! 

Think low, Aim low... 

RDM, Pearson, Bruce, Martinez 

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be honest, that is by no means a given.

It's entirely possible.

My point was that that shouldn't be the aim.

If we're able to appoint someone that can achieve that then that's obviously great. But the short term goal should be premier league and survival. If we focus too much on long term goals then we end up skipping over these decent managers with a known ceiling and going for gambles. WHich rarely work.

43 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Yeah lets make it 10 managers in 5 years, Works a treat that.

There is a difference between sacking someone off because they don't meet the criteria going forward and sacking someone off because we are doing poorly.

1 hour ago, calcifer said:

Benitez says hi....

Benitez also signed for a Premier League club.:rolleyes:

Also, the mentioned candidates are Premier League managers, RDM is a Premier League Manager, Chamipnship manage, and Champions League Manager (no point in debating that one, been done to death)

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Man City started with Hughes and everyone laughed when he tried to sign Kaka... Its all about progression.

RDM is good enough for me at this point in our progression.

40 minutes ago, Kingman said:

If the owners are serious and all the above tick the right boxes then why can't we attract the likes of Moyes, Rodgers, Benitez, Pellegrini, Mancini, LVG, Hiddink, de Boer, AVB, Scolari, Laudrup, Emery? 

200w.gif

We were just relegated as one of the worst teams to ever get relegated from the Premier League. For the last 6 years we have bounced around the relegation spots, and ended 20th last season.

I think going for Moyes, RDM and to some degree Pearson is aiming high for us. We could have easily gone in for a Holloway, Grant or Coyle. We didn't. We went for a Champions league winner, a consistent top 10 PL manager and arguably the architect of the current PL champions.

We, of Aston Villa, one of the worst current squads to ever be relegated from the Premier League aiming low with those candidates?! Laughable.

[/opinion]

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Martinez has been comfortably worse than all of them.

I'm not sure what he's done this season to justify having performed better than any of them.

Comfortably worse than Mourinho? Oh come on.