Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

2 hours ago, 7392craig said:

Personally I think it'll be Mourinho :cheers:

Being reported he is now set for Man Utd. Was thinking would they do something as ridiculous as this?!?

Ah well it's his loss anyway!

Do you know I'd forgot all about that charlatan O'Leary, but how could I with classic soundbites such as "They're an honest bunch of lads" and "We've got a small squad"

Edit: Also forgot the classic "When I was at Leeds..."

Edited by VillaJ100
  • Like 1

Ryan Giggs might head into management if he does not want to stay on under Mourinho. It would be hugely risky but he could bring some decent young players on loan which would be nice if there turns out to be very little money available. From interviews he does not seem to have a great football mind but given his professionalism as a footballer he could be a good influence on the younger players.

Sleeping with the brothers wife is another negative but these things happen.

12 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Do you know I'd forgot all about that charlatan O'Leary, but how could I with classic soundbites such as "They're an honest bunch of lads" and "We've got a small squad"

If he was given the same resources as O'Neill he might have done better than him in my opinion. He talked some rubbish though.

The body language of O'Leary used to convince me he was more interested in whether his mother had cooked chicken or beef for his Sunday dinner than what was happening on the pitch.

• Like 1

says here http://www.calciomercato.com/news/di-matteo-a-roma-incontro-con-la-lazio-172982 and here http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/mercato/lazio/lazio-spunta-di-matteo-per-la-panchina_1099453-201602a.shtml that di matteo is in Rome talking to Lazio after being "associated" with us. 

no quotes and nothing official but there's a few sites running it, they might just be jumping on calciomercato's bullshit though who seem to be an agents favourite outlet over here. 

6 minutes ago, romavillan said:

says here http://www.calciomercato.com/news/di-matteo-a-roma-incontro-con-la-lazio-172982 and here http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/mercato/lazio/lazio-spunta-di-matteo-per-la-panchina_1099453-201602a.shtml that di matteo is in Rome talking to Lazio after being "associated" with us. 

no quotes and nothing official but there's a few sites running it, they might just be jumping on calciomercato's bullshit though who seem to be an agents favourite outlet over here. 

In my opinion, it is a sign of Di Matteo wanting to negotiate a better constract/control with Villa.

Just now, Deisler123 said:

In my opinion, it is a sign of Di Matteo wanting to negotiate a better constract/control with Villa.

Rome would be a long way from Birmingham if that was his aim.

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Rome would be a long way from Birmingham if that was his aim.

RDM knows Villa wants him - he talks to the other club, in order to make the contract negotiation leaning towards his favor - Villa may panic.

And he was spotted in Birmingham airport 2 days ago btw.

Edited by Deisler123

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The managers who have got teams promoted from the championship had never done it... until they did it. By your argument they should not have been employed by their clubs in the first place. 

Well, no. The majority of those clubs weren't in the position we find ourselves in now - most of them needed to take a risk with who they appointed. I'm arguing that we don't take a risk because we don't need to.

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

I think ppl underestimate the job lambert did tbf. Yeah he got himself in a one dimensional mess and he had benteke, but my word he had us a lot better than this embarrassing lot this season.

Lambert wasn't as bad as ppl think. That team just wasn't as good as ppl think and for the large part of proceedings, at least we fought.

Sherwood got some decent results with Benteke, really it was Benteke or bust for our hopes.

Bring him back and make him player manager. :hooray:

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Let's remember Garde, Black and Sherwood were all here for relatively short periods.

Lambert's reign seemingly went on for eternity...3 months short of three years, it felt like 30 for the most part.

Let's also remember that in his final season we failed to score a goal in two separate calendar months.

If Di Matteo is talking with Lazio I'm not sure it is him from the sounds of things the club have already offered the job but are simply waiting, would be very happy with Moyes best we could attract down there and long term a good option too in my opinion. Rodgers going to Celtic was a surprise considering Moyes was linked heavily with it so hopefully something in it.

Moyes looking likely if only due to the Wyness link and promise of funds this time, as opposed to the other time Lerner spoke to him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Moyes looking likely if only due to the Wyness link and promise of funds this time, as opposed to the other time Lerner spoke to him.

Moyes looking likely cos Lerner has GTFO! ho ho.

11 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Ryan Giggs might head into management if he does not want to stay on under Mourinho. It would be hugely risky but he could bring some decent young players on loan which would be nice if there turns out to be very little money available. From interviews he does not seem to have a great football mind but given his professionalism as a footballer he could be a good influence on the younger players.

Sleeping with the brothers wife is another negative but these things happen.

While Ryan Giggs probably wouldn't be tactically adept enough to be a good manager, he's easily a great role model and motivator, and would definitely raise morale if he were Villa's assistant.

Besides, if RDM does decide to become our manager instead of Lazios, he could be his replacement ass man!

I would be happy with either Moyes or RDM. Hopefully we get an announcement in the next few days. They have a massive job on their hands and need all the time they can get.

• Like 1