Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Daily Mail running a full story on Moyes being offered the position formally and his brother/agent is negotiating terms. 

Xia was impressed by his vision and plan for building 3 teams, a promotion team, stabiliser in the Prem then to build I guess. 

On my phone so not copied article. 

The Daily Mail have published a more padded out version of the early news story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3603372/David-Moyes-considering-formal-offer-Aston-Villa-s-manager.html

David Moyes has become the front runner to become the next manager of Aston Villa according to sources, with the former Manchester United boss considering a formal offer to take the reins.

Three potential candidates for the job have been confirmed in an exclusive interview with owner-in-waiting Tony Xia: Roberto Di Matteo, Nigel Pearson and Moyes.

Xia has declined to say which of the trio has been offered the job but it is understood Moyes is in the driving seat.

Moyes is represented by his agent brother, Kenny, who is believed to be negotiating the terms and conditions under which his sibling would take the post.

Sources say Xia’s representatives held lengthy face-to-face talks with Moyes at the former Everton manager’s home on Thursday night.

The principle consideration for Xia is hiring a man he believes can get Villa promoted from the Championship as soon as possible, a feat Di Matteo and Pearson have both proved they can do, with West Brom and Leicester respectively.

But Xia also wants a manager capable of being part of his Villa project longer-term, firstly getting them back up, then stabilising them, then making a push for Europe.

Moyes is believed to have outlined his case that he could need to build three Villa sides, one to achieve each of those goals, and his detailed thinking made an impression.

The key issue now is whether he believes the summer could throw up a more immediate opportunity at a Premier League club, and whether he considers waiting for such a chance is a risk.

Pearson was the preferred candidate selected by outgoing chairman Steve Hollis, while Di Matteo also impressed Xia's advisors but is reportedly in talks with Lazio.

Still think Pearson would be my number one choice, but I'd be happy with Moyes. 

Edited by Chap of Steel
  • Like 2

Lerner and Black

To

Xia and Moyes

I need to quickly stem the flow joy, I'm a Villa fan after all. 

Would be very happy with Moyes. Despite no recent experience of getting a team promoted I definitely think he knows what it takes. Would be a bit of a coup in reality - I would have thought he was nailed on for Newcastle if the Benitez saga hadn't erupted.

Just been on oddschecker best odds you can get on the top 3 candidates :

Moyes 5/2

RDM 5/2

Pearson 5/2

Can't get much closer than that! 

Edit : Moyes just moved to 2/1 favourite for the first time! 

Edited by Barney_avfc

So from Garde/Black to the former Man United boss and one of Everton's best managers in their history in Moyes. Not only that but we have money something even Moyes isn't really used to having in abundance, could be one hell of a match. 

Pearson is best bet to get us up fast but Moyes is the only choice for longer term planning ..... I can't see Pearson doing anything in the Prem and I'm not convince DeMatteo would even get us up.

6 minutes ago, Daweii said:

So from Garde/Black to the former Man United boss and one of Everton's best managers in their history in Moyes. Not only that but we have money something even Moyes isn't really used to having in abundance, could be one hell of a match. 

Not sure he's one of their best managers of all time (Everton)

He had some moments but they used to be a very successful club, sounds familiar doesn't it?