Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

You just know there could be a complete shock appointment - like Lambert or MON returning. I personally think Pearson will arrive next week.

I would love lambert back with some money behind him. I'd take him in a heartbeat

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, John said:

I may be putting two and two together and making five but Pearson, Moyes and RDM are available now. So if the choice was between them only I can't see why other than to wait for the play-off we would wait another week to make an appointment when we need a new manager in place sooner rather than later.  

I'm guessing but maybe the club will not pursue his choice till the league give consent for him to take over. Pure guess work again but to me this would suggest that his choice is different to that of hollis's. If they both wanted the same man, and if he was currently available,  then I'm sure they'd just get it done. For this reason I personally don't think it'll be Pearson? 

Think it's Pearson coming now and the only thing holding up his announcement is takeover approval.  Would rather it be Moyes though.  Just my opinion but I don't believe Bruce is even in the running.  As long as they are in place before 1 June, I will be happy. 

Edited by ferguson1

Shamelessly borrowed observation from someone on Twitter - but if Pearson was Hollis' idea, and Tony's pick - he would be appointed immediately, no waiting for the fit and proper persons test. 

41 minutes ago, cosofsaunders said:

I would love lambert back with some money behind him. I'd take him in a heartbeat

I doubt there's many of us, but I agree :thumb:

if he'd been backed properly at the time, we wouldn't be in this mess now. 

• Like 1

There's an interview going round on Twitter from Dr X saying he wants to keep the managerial appointment secret for one more week. 

Whethers waiting to get through the proper persons test, or waiting for that managers season to be finished remains to be seen. 

At least we will know soon enough. If it was RDM he wouldn't be jetting out to speak to Lazio IMO. 

1 hour ago, cosofsaunders said:

You could see it in his eyes both while at Villa and after he left that his experience there tired him, probably scarred him greatly. He wouldn't come back here if his life depended on it thanks to Lerner.

Edited by meme

5 minutes ago, meme said:

You could see it in his eyes both while at Villa and after he left that his experience there tired him, probably scarred him greatly. He wouldn't come back here if his life depended on it thanks to Lerner.

I liked the original post because I thought it was sarcastic, I didn't think people actually would take him back. Not in a million years, maybe the old Lambert who first arrived. Not the negative, defensive, tactically inept manager he was broken down into after his time struggling with the restrictions placed upon him here. It'll take him a few years before he regains the self confidence to manage at the top again.

5 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I liked the original post because I thought it was sarcastic, I didn't think people actually would take him back. Not in a million years, maybe the old Lambert who first arrived. Not the negative, defensive, tactically inept manager he was broken down into after his time struggling with the restrictions placed upon him here. It'll take him a few years before he regains the self confidence to manage at the top again.

Yes, definitely. Lambert, if you look back on him now, showed signs of a top manager for the first 1.5 seasons he was here. He assembled a team which could avoid Premier League relegation (even if it was utter tripe) with virtually no budget at all, and handled the pressure superbly. He was forced to defend if he could get any sort of stuff out of our team, and that eventually built in as a mechanism. I guess the pressure must have gotten to him after that, because he sort of gave up after he realised we were f*****. Villa affected him greatly as a manager, and probably diminished his career for the next ten years.

TL;DR - Lerner's inadequacy and stupidity destroyed someone who had potential to be a top manager.

Edited by meme