Keinan Davis

a-k

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

He’d be some player if he had goals in him.

Terrific hold up play and not a small amount of skill.

But .....

Because he is often going a bit deeper to hold up the ball and playing with his back to goal most of the time, it isn't surprising he doesn't really score many. He needs someone running past him who can pick the ball up and drive towards goal. A Hassan type maybe? 🤔

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, useless said:

People compare him to Emile, they're both strong and good at holding off players, but I think Davis is more agile and has better footwork, and is much more mobile. I think the goals will come for him, it's not as if everytime he gets a chance he blazes it wide or over the bar, he's often unlucky, with a run in a decent attacking team, either us or on loan then I'm sure he'll start scoring goals.

Heskey was very mobile when he was Davis’ age. Davis is nowhere near as good as Heskey was. I don’t see him troubling premier league defences. 

• Like 2

Not many players are as good as Heskey was when he was young he was one of the most highly rated players in the country, doesn't mean to say they're not good enough for us.

I really like Keinan, his first touch and his footwork in tight spaces are assets. But you could see the gulf in class when Wesley came on I think.

Wesley may not have been quite as mobile, but he didn't have to be. One touch, two touch, pass and go. Davis's decision making needs work. 

I think a loan would be the dream for him this season. He's got enough about him to make it, but he needs regular game time. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I really like Keinan, his first touch and his footwork in tight spaces are assets. But you could see the gulf in class when Wesley came on I think.

Wesley may not have been quite as mobile, but he didn't have to be. One touch, two touch, pass and go. Davis's decision making needs work. 

I think a loan would be the dream for him this season. He's got enough about him to make it, but he needs regular game time. 

Bearing in mind that he has hardly had any game time in his career so far, I think he did very well. He does need to release the ball quicker though, as there were a few chances to play other people in, but went begging as the moment had past before he could spot them and play the pass. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I've heard it all now. 

You really think that my comment was the craziest comment you ever read?

So you think that Tammy’s link up play, ability to hold the ball up, passing, movement, dribbling ability are all significantly better than KD?

14 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Bearing in mind that he has hardly had any game time in his career so far, I think he did very well. He does need to release the ball quicker though, as there were a few chances to play other people in, but went begging as the moment had past before he could spot them and play the pass. 

Precisely. I'm not knocking his potential, I want him to hit it. 

He has good technique and ball control for being such a big lad, and is strong as well. But the more I see of him the more I doubt he is overall good enough for where we want to be in the Premier League. I think he should get a couple of games coming on from the bench and starting the odd cup game during the fall to raise his value, then loan him out to a Championship club in the January transfer window and then hopefully we can get £4-5M for him next summer.

Happy to be proven wrong and for him to develop further though!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Something missing from his game, I can't quite put my finger on what. His hold up play is superb. I agree, he needs a full season of senior football to smooth out the kinks of his game.

Goal scoring. 

His ability to hold up the ball is great and has some really nifty footwork but I just never fancy him to score and I personally don't see that ever changing unfortunately. 

• Like 2

Just now, Farlz said:

Goal scoring. 

His ability to hold up the ball is great and has some really nifty footwork but I just never fancy him to score and I personally don't see that ever changing unfortunately. 

Hard to get into the goal scoring groove when you play once every couple of months. Easier to find a vein of scoring form if he was playing week in/week out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Hard to get into the goal scoring groove when you play once every couple of months. Easier to find a vein of scoring form if he was playing week in/week out.

Edited by Danishlad

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Heskey was very mobile when he was Davis’ age. Davis is nowhere near as good as Heskey was. I don’t see him troubling premier league defences. 

If Heskey could score he would probably compared to Ronaldo since he had similar attributes. Sadly he had no composure or finishing ability

13 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I actually thought the complete opposite.  

Was a nice assist though. 

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Something missing from his game, I can't quite put my finger on what. His hold up play is superb. 

I know what you mean. Like Doug says he could be quicker in his decision making, but I also think he is pulled to deep, and I am not sure that's on him. 

Goes without saying you won't be having as much goal scoring opportunities you could've had when you're forced deep to bring the play up every time. 

If we could get him on loan to a club like Sunderland or something that would do him good. 

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I know what you mean. Like Doug says he could be quicker in his decision making, but I also think he is pulled to deep, and I am not sure that's on him. 

Goes without saying you won't be having as much goal scoring opportunities you could've had when you're forced deep to bring the play up every time. 

If we could get him on loan to a club like Sunderland or something that would do him good. 

Going to Sunderland is never a good idea at any time for anyone

Â