Keinan Davis

a-k

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I think Davis's finishing problem is that he's always trying to absolutely leather the ball, it's a bit... Telegraphed at this level, and allows you to get a foot in the way.  

He also ALWAYS shoots across the keeper, which is textbook and what you're told as a kid, but on a couple of occasions in the last week, you just want him to hit it hard, high and towards the near post.

Tammy is calm in front of goal, which gives him more time.  I think Davis rushes a little.. a bit more composure, which will come with confidence from netting a couple will help him on his way.

That said, if he can't learn how to finish, this will be his level in years to come (no shame in that!!)

David-Dickinson.jpg.47c0696274653d1bab5745f9f8d92102.jpg

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I think Davis's finishing problem is that he's always trying to absolutely leather the ball, it's a bit... Telegraphed at this level, and allows you to get a foot in the way.  

He also ALWAYS shoots across the keeper, which is textbook and what you're told as a kid, but on a couple of occasions in the last week, you just want him to hit it hard, high and towards the near post.

Tammy is calm in front of goal, which gives him more time.  I think Davis rushes a little.. a bit more composure, which will come with confidence from netting a couple will help him on his way.

That said, if he can't learn how to finish, this will be his level in years to come (no shame in that!!)

Really?

i don’t think I could disagree with this more.

tammy’s strengths are intelligent positioning and an uncanny ability to bundle the ball into the net.  Calmness in front of goal is his biggest let down, and the the main reason he’s playing for us rather than being in with any real chance of starting for chelsea

Edited by Thug
  • Like 2

Keenan helped create a few chances when he came on, but wasn't impactful enough and didn't get in the right positions, could change with regular game time though.

His shiney florescent boots were well noticed, a 10 for that one..

• Like 1

He's certainly not good enough to be starting regularly for us, so I'd have him out on loan no matter what level we're playing at next season. He's not going to improve sitting on the bench, ship him out, let him get some proper game time, and reassess next summer, imo.

• Like 2

My genuine view is Davis will leave Villa having scored fewer than 10 goals in his entire time with us.

He's not a finisher, we'll have different players in mind regardless of division, he'll go out on loan then be released or sold to a lower league team.

I don't think good hold up play is enough of a skill to maintain a career, even at this level. I don't see anything else he has.

As usual, I'd love to be wrong.

• Like 2

Did people expect him to score a hatrick. The 20 mins he was on or smthng?

He got two good chances, nearly scored on one of them. In 20 min. What does the top strikers average on? 4-5 chances per goal, or so where along those lines? 

Way too early to say anything about how. Prolific he is. 

Besides he's not a poacher, but a damn good target man for his age. 

Hope he gets more time. Really enjoy watching this guy play. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Did people expect him to score a hatrick. The 20 mins he was on or smthng?

He got two good chances, nearly scored on one of them. In 20 min. What does the top strikers average on? 4-5 chances per goal, or so where along those lines? 

Way too early to say anything about how. Prolific he is. 

Besides he's not a poacher, but a damn good target man for his age. 

Hope he gets more time. Really enjoy watching this guy play. 

No but he has appeared in 38 games at various times for both short and long periods . He has the grand total of 2 goals and 1 assist. So not based on 20 minutes.Being a good target man is all very well, but there needs to be an end product. Not sure there will be with him.

42 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

My genuine view is Davis will leave Villa having scored fewer than 10 goals in his entire time with us.

He's not a finisher, we'll have different players in mind regardless of division, he'll go out on loan then be released or sold to a lower league team.

I don't think good hold up play is enough of a skill to maintain a career, even at this level. I don't see anything else he has.

I can't wait to throw this in your face in 5 years. I'll delete the last line though obviously. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

I can't wait to throw this in your face in 5 years. I'll delete the last line though obviously. 

Problem is that if Tammy is out, we need end product in the next five games.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Problem is that if Tammy is out, we need end product in the next five games.

Our midfield and wingers can score goals. 

Tammy  had dry spells and we've coped. 

Edited by Skruff
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Tammy has had dry spells and we've coped. 

You're right that we have coped, but I hope we have all our best weapons available when things matter most. We need to be at our best to win the play-offs. And we need Tammy to be on that level.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Tammy has had dry spells and we've coped. 

Agreed. Abraham is great and he's prolific scoring 25 goals for Villa, but I think Grealish, McGinn, Mings, Tuanzebe and others I am likely forgetting are bigger players to miss. Those players are our spine and allow us to create dozens of chances per match. You don't necessarily need Tammy upfront to still win a game by 2 to 3 goals with Grealish, McGinn and El Ghazi in the team. I'll be shocked if after a run of games Davis hasn't scored a few goals in the remaining games, it would take skill to not score a few of the 40+ chances we'll create between now and the start of the play-off campaign if we qualify. 

I think a lot of people are forgetting that every player (that I can think of) has improved under DS.

KD was asked to play a loveless role under Bruce last season. Now he has the chance to play (I'm guessing) at least 2 or 3 games as our striker. 

Just like a few others I wouldn't be surprised to see a 'better' KD than last season. I'm assuming that he trains with the senior squad a fair bit so should have a decent understanding of the plan and structure.

Strikers play with confidence, if KD can bag a goal or two in the next week then he may be very handy going into the playoffs. Especially as I have very little faith in Kodj playing (and being motivated) for an entire game.

KD will at the very least be a nuisance for the opposition defence.

• Like 2

On 14/04/2019 at 11:47, ramshackler said:

I've said since last year we are missing a trick with this boy. I will admit he is unlikely to be a 20 goal a season striker, but neither was peak Emile Heskey. But at Leicester and Liverpool he created so many goals for team mates 

I think he has a bit more in his locker than Heskey though, he has intelligence and a deft touch and ability to beat a man.

From what I've seen the only thing missing is that he isn't a natural finisher. But when he was in the team last year he got a respectable amount of goals but totally transformed our form and got goals for others playing off him

We are a better side now and he would create even more this year.

And sorry to keep harking on, but Abraham won't be here next year, playing him doesn't benefit our future long term, playing Davis does.

Abraham was undroppable before Christmas but he certainly isn't now. For me Davis must be knocking on the door.

I don't get posts like this why is Tammy droppable? He is still scoring goals creating chances and working exceptionally hard. You will see how much we will miss him tomorrow. 

Kodjia will start in Abraham's absence, but I have faith in Davis to weigh in when required. Obviously I want Tammy back asap. The kid not only scores regularly but he's totally plugged in to how the team plays. His runs and hold up play create space and chances. But Davis can do that probably even more effectively and Kodjia is a better finisher. We're not toothless, but we're better off with Tammy as the better all round striker.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Emile Heskey says hi!

Â