Keinan Davis

a-k

• 1 month later...

Interested to see where the Wesley signing leaves Keinan. Based on the YouTube compilations I have watched and the reports from people who have watched him, as a player his style is very similar. (Albeit he is a lot more experienced and accomplished for his age). Will Keinan stay as a natural replacement or will we send him out on loan as he's not ready for the PL. I feel keeping Keinan could have a few advantages as I'm a big fan of his potential but a season of regular football in the Championship would do him the world of good.

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I genuinly think Davis is a good player and especially for our style of play. Would be amazed if Deano didn't spot it. 

I agree; that being said, I still think a year playing regularly in the Championship would be beneficial for him at this stage. 

• 1 month later...
Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

He could be an option for us up front this season if he carries on like this

Mate, it's Shrewsbury, and he's had one good chance. 

He has potential, but if we're considering him a genuine option for regular match time in the Premier League, I'm shitting myself.  Him and Green should both be loaned out to Championship clubs IMO.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Mate, it's Shrewsbury, and he's had one good chance. 

He has potential, but if we're considering him a genuine option for regular match time in the Premier League, I'm shitting myself.  Him and Green should both be loaned out to Championship clubs IMO.

I know they’re only league one but he has dominated their defence, he’s been our best player I think

• Like 1

he's got some great attributes which lots of clubs could benefit from, big, strong, good touch. His hold up play is excellent. That's a good base to be starting from. We all know he's neither the most explosive player nor a 'natural finisher' (Whatever that is). I think he'd benefit the most out of all our youngsters flitting around the first team from regular games somewhere.

The Heskey comparison is a good one imo.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

He’d be some player if he had goals in him.

Terrific hold up play and not a small amount of skill.

But .....

He may well have goals in him. Hard to tell as he's young and hasn't had much first team. I think his role isn't a prolific goalscorer anyway, more of a forward who links things up and gets others into goalscoring positions. Think he'll be able to learn from Wesley too.

• Like 2

People compare him to Emile, they're both strong and good at holding off players, but I think Davis is more agile and has better footwork, and is much more mobile. I think the goals will come for him, it's not as if everytime he gets a chance he blazes it wide or over the bar, he's often unlucky, with a run in a decent attacking team, either us or on loan then I'm sure he'll start scoring goals.

• Like 1

Â