Keinan Davis

a-k

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'd take Kodjia over Davis every day of the sodding week. I couldn't give a toss how strong he is or how he holds up a ball. Call me old fashioned, but I like a centre forward who can **** score.

But I think it's a question of who fits the system better, it may be that Smith is confident in Kodjia to do that, it's just my opinion that Davis may be better suited, guess we'll see tomorrow. 

I'm confident goals will come for Davis. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I wonder what Chris Nichol would say?

Probably, stop duplicating your posts🙄

ps my apologies to all....particularly the mods.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'd take Kodjia over Davis every day of the sodding week I couldn't give a toss how strong he is or how he holds up a ball. Call me old fashioned, but I like a centre forward who can **** score.

There's a tint of irony to that statement, it was a lot of the " old fashioned centre forwards ' who held the ball up for the " inside forward ' to do his thing. Stapleton, Withe, Toshack and many more. 

It's refreshing to see a young forward with those under appreciated skills, he certainly brings something positive to the side.

Kodjia has talent to excite, but not often enough, hence his familiarity with the bench.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’d be tempted to play it today but who do you drop?

I don't think we drop anyone. This will be a tough one, so it's one or the other striker for me. I've liked the look of Davis lately but he needs to find the net once or twice. Kodjia has the ability and scores goals, when he's up for it. Someone will get an hour and the other one will get 30 minutes, I trust Dean to make the right decision. Where's that fence gone, I need a sit down? :) 

• Haha 1

I can't understand the worry about the number of goals from Davis.  His appearances have been bits and pieces.  If he had played 34 full games and got 2 goals it would be a worry, but most of the time he's only had a few minutes often when we're running down the clock. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’d be tempted to play it today but who do you drop?

I would drop Albert. Still not doing it for me but it takes a midfielder wider. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'd take Kodjia over Davis every day of the sodding week. I couldn't give a toss how strong he is or how he holds up a ball. Call me old fashioned, but I like a centre forward who can **** score.

How much of a chance/run has Davis had in a team like this?

Have you seen how many chances Tammy get's provided with to actually score, which he misses alot of?

I have full faith in Davis to score if he gets a run in our team on form being provided chances.

He certainly has a better shot on him for one.

Aside from that, he does the "Ugly" Centre Forward work well.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Have you seen how many chances Tammy get's provided with to actually score, which he misses alot of?

I have full faith in Davis to score if he gets a run in our team on form being provided chances.

Full faith is good. Real goals scored better.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

2eqdt8i.jpg

• Haha 3

He had two decent chances against Bolton ,the header looked like a good chance but the sun was directly in his eyes and he miss directed it. He then had a shot across goal which missed the goal but he had to work hard to make the chance and did well. 

I see a good player in him but he needs time to grow some confidence .

38 minutes ago, tinker said:

He had two decent chances against Bolton ,the header looked like a good chance but the sun was directly in his eyes and he miss directed it. He then had a shot across goal which missed the goal but he had to work hard to make the chance and did well. 

I see a good player in him but he needs time to grow some confidence .

Needs games, like they all do. Looking very promising though.

1 hour ago, daggy_333 said:

Not even on the bench today :( Dropped or injured?

He's not going to be dropped is he.  Must have picked up and injury in the warm up or illness of summat. 

Â