Keinan Davis

a-k

On 22/07/2019 at 12:28, lapal_fan said:

His movement when we're on the break is very poor from yesterday's game. 

With his back to goal, he's very good, he likes the ball played into feet and he's strong enough to create half a yard to get shot off. 

However, in the 1st half yesterday, there were 2 moments where Jack carried the ball with Davis and Green in support of him, hopefully this diagram :lol: will help you understand my main concern;

image.png.239ee6732ddae247985d7e449b107b2a.png

You have Jack, running directly towards the goal, once he picked the ball up, he ran about 30-40 yards with it.  The issue, is that he didn't follow the yellow route, which would have given Jack two options;

1) either attack the space Davis created, by dragging his centre back away

2) laying a simple pass on the "wrong side" of Jack's CB, which would have set Davis up on his stronger foot, at a good angle for a shot on goal.  

Green's movement wasn't good either, he should (or could) have ran in-field behind Jack, so Jack could give him a lay off, on his stronger foot, for a shot from about 22 yards away. 

As it actually turned out,  Jack had to stop on his white mark and give a simple, easily telegraphed pass and we lost the opportunity. 

Only a friendly, but I'd like to see him start making those runs, because they are the runs which will get us chances. 

I think it is an area with many of our players has to improve......decision making....and making the right runs.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He might be worthwhile in the dying minutes of games to hold the ball up and see the match out, but we can't afford to be playing a striker who has no hopes of scoring goals.

If we want to stay up, we shouldn't have a striker as poor as Keinan Davis regularly playing. Best for everyone if he goes out on loan and gets the chance to try to add more to his game, IMO. He's nowhere near good enough for the Premier League at this point. 

You can debate the subject to death......but to play up front and keep your place you have to score goals.

• Like 2

Played well  again, as he pretty much always does. Didn't score because nothing was created for him, it's not as if he missed a load of chances.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Just now, useless said:

Played well  again, as pretty much always does. Didn't score because nothing was created for him, it's not as if he missed a load of chances.

Other players didn’t seem to have much problem scoring. A centre forward simply has to score goals. It’s a real problem for him, not sure it’s something that he can remedy.

There's this young keeper I think we should look at. Fantastic all round game. I think he'll add a lot.

Doesn't save many, no, struggles to catch, really. Dispraxic I think, constant butterfingers. 

His distribution is phenomenal though, great throws, superb goals kicks.

Why do you keep going on about saves? Look, it's not all bad. Sometimes it hits him in the face and he keeps it out. But let me tell you about his command of the box...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

Other players don't have a problem scoring goals in part because of Davis's play, our first two today wouldn't have happened without Davis's contribution.

True but it was just basic hold up play. He needs to offer more. 

• Like 1

It takes 2 to tango......as famous managers have said teams score goals, and as we proved last year...our goals came from all over.

Its ok talking about service, but the providers need to know the strikers are making the runs, otherwise their valuable work comes to nothing......e.g Salah and Mane are making runs all the time, inviting the providers to pick them out.

With sophisticated defenders of a high level, balls need to played in to space, so Strikers are not closed down easily.....they make the runs to meet the ball, hence avoiding the tackle...not standstill waiting for it, that's why first touch is paramount now.

Its not easy, but where we are now, we better get used to it, because up front it needs to be fine tuned and timing and decision making runs will be crucial.

I think we need Maupay....he does have pace and a brain.

Edited by TRO

13 minutes ago, hippo said:

We seem to have a knack of developing and buying strikers that don't score. I could be wrong but our strategy seems to be goals from wide players

To be fair Wesley scored twice and assisted one in the last match.

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He doesn't bloody score! Ever. What use is a forward who can't score, and who rarely assists.

He might be worthwhile in the dying minutes of games to hold the ball up and see the match out, but we can't afford to be playing a striker who has no hopes of scoring goals.

If we want to stay up, we shouldn't have a striker as poor as Keinan Davis regularly playing. Best for everyone if he goes out on loan and gets the chance to try to add more to his game, IMO. He's nowhere near good enough for the Premier League at this point. 

He helps us to sustain attacks and play much higher up the pitch. This not only leads to chances created but also takes the pressure off the defence. We were so much better today when he was on the pitch.

I agree that we need a striker to score goals but he is young and his game will develop in time. Wesley is Nr 1 because he already has goals to his game as well as good all round play but Davis is next in line. If Kodja or Hogan play, the ball just comes straight back. We have much more chance of thriving in the PL if he plays rather than the other two.

In my opinion your post is fairly aggressive and somewhat ignorant. Have you played football at a reasonable level? Your opinion is very binary and life is rarely like that.

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There's this young keeper I think we should look at. Fantastic all round game. I think he'll add a lot.

Doesn't save many, no, struggles to catch, really. Dispraxic I think, constant butterfingers. 

His distribution is phenomenal though, great throws, superb goals kicks.

Why do you keep going on about saves? Look, it's not all bad. Sometimes it hits him in the face and he keeps it out. But let me tell you about his command of the box...

now,now.....but you have a point.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

To be fair Wesley scored twice and assisted one in the last match.

I meant Wesley as the exception - but even he isn't prolific historically. - although I sense he is going to get plenty of supply.

IMO he needs to learn how to be a greedy goal scorer. A season on loan in league one or the championship for a lower club would do him good. People can say he does this right and that right but if you are never a goal threat there is no point. We need another goalscorer for sure. Wes and Kodjia aren't enough and Hogan and Davies aren't good enough.

Â