Keinan Davis

a-k

On his finishing - he strikes the ball relatively well. He is technically very good. I remember a few occasions last season where he would hit the bar, or flash one just wide, or right at the keeper. His chance against Bolton was well struck. So I feel that there's not only perhaps an element of bad luck involved which may level itself out, but it's all about angles and composure for him. Repetition, repetition, repetition. 

He will either get there or he won't. If he doesn't he's a handy player for the bench regardless given how much of a nuisance he is. If he can learn to finish, the sky is the limit.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

I assume kodjia is fit?

And Tammy is definitely out?

Sounds like Abraham is out, from what I can gather. I think Davis is more of a natural replacement than Kodjia as I think yes better at holding up the ball and playing with his back to goal, so I'd expect him to start ahead of Kodjia. 

20 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Sounds like Abraham is out, from what I can gather. I think Davis is more of a natural replacement than Kodjia as I think yes better at holding up the ball and playing with his back to goal, so I'd expect him to start ahead of Kodjia. 

I wonder what a duo of Kodjia and Davis up top would be like?

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I wonder what a duo of Kodjia and Davis up top would be like?

Problem with that is Kodjia will. Be on the shoulder and I think he is not very good there. Unless Smith mixed up to a 4-4-2

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I'd take Kodjia over Davis every day of the sodding week. I couldn't give a toss how strong he is or how he holds up a ball. Call me old fashioned, but I like a centre forward who can **** score.

Edited by Davkaus

Positives are he was getting in the right place, he made the right run and jumped well for the header but totally mistimed it. He was in the right place at the right time for the other two good chances he had too. Bit more confidence and with the chances we crete in 90 minutes I reckon he'll score. If not, we have half a dozen different scorers in the last few games, so won't be all on his shuolders to score and as others have said there's a a lot more to his game than scoring, we have midfielders that can profit from him holding it up and running beyond him.

Its true what some have said ,holding the ball up as a lone attribute, is not enough.

its not, but equally don't under estimate how valuable that attribute is.....it plays the whole team in.

On 20/04/2019 at 18:16, meregreen said:

Lack of goals is a serious deficiency in a centre forward. Not sure goalscoring can be coached into a player, it’s more an instinctive thing I think. Just hope Tammy gets fit ASAP. Big matches need big players.

Chris nichol once told me all about his coaching with Alan Shearer at Southampton.

Cloughie seemed to transform Peter Withe, so I'm not so sure, its all instinctive and coaching doesn't help.

I get what you are saying.....but I think all players can improve with dedicated coaching and technique building.

Its very difficult to be the complete player, having competence in every discipline.....Keinan has to work on his weaker points, practice, practice, practice and dedication....its up to him,if he wants it bad enough.

If he thinks he has already arrived, he won't make the grade.

Lack of goals is a serious deficiency in a centre forward. Not sure goalscoring can be coached into a player, it’s more an instinctive thing I think. Just hope Tammy gets fit ASAP. Big matches need big players.

Chris nichol once told me all about his coaching with Alan Shearer at Southampton.

Cloughie seemed to transform Peter Withe, so I'm not so sure, its all instinctive and coaching doesn't help.

I get what you are saying.....but I think all players can improve with dedicated coaching and technique building.

Its very difficult to be the complete player, having competence in every discipline.....Keinan has to work on his weaker points, practice, practice, practice and dedication....its up to him,if he wants it bad enough.

• Like 1

Its very difficult to be the complete player,at a young age, having competence in every discipline.....Keinan has to work on his weaker points, practice, practice, practice and dedication....its up to him,if he wants it bad enough.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

Â