Keinan Davis

a-k

13 hours ago, AVTuco said:

But he won't. Never. Ever.

Likeable fella I'm sure, but we should just cut our losses here.

Wow. 

I was at the game on Saturday, he was instrumental to most of our play in the final third. He got alot of love from the rest of the team aswell, his team-mates hold him in high-regard. He's 21 and on a low-wage and 5 years off his prime, selling him now would be madness....you can always cash in a couple of years if it doesn't work out and he'd still only be 23.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

Wow. 

I was at the game on Saturday, he was instrumental to most of our play in the final third. He got alot of love from the rest of the team aswell, his team-mates hold him in high-regard. He's 21 and on a low-wage and 5 years off his prime, selling him now would be madness....you can always cash in a couple of years if it doesn't work out and he'd still only be 23.

You're right.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

Wow. 

But he’s not working out.  He still has value now that somebody would pay more because of his age and he has some first team experience. In a couple of years when that regular first team football hasn’t been for a couple of years he’ll probably be let go at the end of his contract.  Sell now and spend that on another young kid that has potential.

14 hours ago, ramshackler said:

Goal scoring isn't all about instinct and natural ability. A huge part of it is getting a run in the side and being given the chance to hit form. 

Goal scoring is about confidence, if you get one or two in a row then the next chance you hit instinctively. If you miss two or three in a row the next chance you snatch at or hesitate. 

Now I'm not saying he could be a world beater, but the lad hasn't had regular football with anyone to develop him. He needs a loan move to a good championship club for a year and then see what he becomes.

Harry Kane didnt score by the bucket load as a kid, he needed some loans before finally looking like a prolific marksmen. 

Don't write him off until he has at least had a chance to develop. If we aren't going to use him regularly we will only damage him in the long run by keeping him here this year

I am not sure about just scoring a few and giving confidence......Gabby would hit a few and then go in to a barren run again.

its about doing the right things consistently, that lead to goals.....like making the right runs, reading the play and getting in front of your defender, etc,etc.

confidence comes from those things working out.....its synergetic

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am not sure about just scoring a few and giving confidence......Gabby would hit a few and then go in to a barren run again.

its about doing the right things consistently, that lead to goals.....like making the right runs, reading the play and getting in front of your defender, etc,etc.

confidence comes from those things working out.....its synergetic

So you could say doing things intuitively?

18 hours ago, Jas10 said:

He just doesn’t score goals...hopefully he can learn off Wes. Again, like the other kids, he needs to go out on loan and get some regular football for a full season. There’s not much point in keeping these guys around in reserve and they’re not good enough to make a telling contribution, especially at this level.

Plenty of strikers have made good careers in premier league and at international level even though they haven't scored many goals. There are many other attributes forwards can bring to the table.

I'd keep hold of Davis until January. He'd be a good option to bring on if we're winning 1-0 with ten minutes left.

Like Andre Green I’m surprised at people saying “get rid of him” - it does us no harm at all to give them a couple of years here and see how they develop. Otherwise we bomb people out on a free and someone else benefits - Mitchell Clark just signed for Leicester. I have no idea if he’s good enough for them or for us but either way I’m sure he’ll sit on their books for little money and might just come good. We have a tendency to dismiss someone if they aren’t first-team quality at 21, 22 - sometimes players take longer to develop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Like Andre Green I’m surprised at people saying “get rid of him” - it does us no harm at all to give them a couple of years here and see how they develop. Otherwise we bomb people out on a free and someone else benefits - Mitchell Clark just signed for Leicester. I have no idea if he’s good enough for them or for us but either way I’m sure he’ll sit on their books for little money and might just come good. We have a tendency to dismiss someone if they aren’t first-team quality at 21, 22 - sometimes players take longer to develop.

Totally agree with you. 

Davis is a good squad player and is improving all the time. 

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

He has been impressive, if raw whenever he has played. Under Bruce when we had an injury crisis up front he came in under huge pressure and did very very well. Would like to see him get a full season loan into him, if we get another striker in. He has the attributes to make it in my opinion, and time is on his side.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very surprised by this. A sign we're not confident of bringing in another forward?

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-smith-puts-block-on-aston-villa-ace-departure-after-offers-from-six-clubs/

Dean Smith has put the block on Keinan Davis leaving Aston Villa this summer after offers from six Championship clubs, Football Insider can reveal.

QPR, Huddersfield, Fulham, Sheffield Wednesday, Swansea City and Preston North End have all tried to sign the forward on loan before the window shuts tomorrow.

A Villa source has told Football Insider that Smith has weighed up whether to allow the attacker to head out for the 2019-20 season and decided he wants to keep hold of him.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I'm very surprised by this. A sign we're not confident of bringing in another forward?

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-smith-puts-block-on-aston-villa-ace-departure-after-offers-from-six-clubs/

...or we really rate Davis quite highly?

In the words of the great Harry Redknapp I think this kid could go right to the very top..

• Like 1

I’m not one who wants him or Green or any of our other youngsters out but not sure why he’s not being loaned out as I don’t think he’s anywhere near PL ready yet.

i like Keinan and he always gives his all, his hold up play is very good, and if he doesn’t make it here I’m sure he will do a job elsewhere. But I feel he really needs to add goals to his game and develop and he won’t do that with us. Should go to someone like Preston like Green has done and get minutes under his belt. 

It also suggests we’re not confident of getting another striker like Augustin which is disappointing, but hey I might be wrong.

He hasn't gone out on loan, because as it stands if one of Moraes or Kodjia was to get injured then he'd only be one more injury or suspension away from being in the first eleven, and I think that would be the case even if Hogan was still around. If we sign a striker tomorrow then we might allow him to go somewhere for the season, no point in doing it before we've made sure that we're got a replacement in though.

I'm looking at it as we WILL be getting a forward in. Davis will become 4th choice kodja 3rd choice and the forward will be fighting it out for the starting place.

Davis will not kick up a fuss as 4th choice, kodja will know he is going to play a bit part so not kick up a fuss which keeps both new strikers happy to be on the pitch or subs bench.

Edited by brummybloke

The current predicament with Davis is a glaring example of how badly the club has been run pre NSWE.

He should be out on Loan now playing and improving, instead, we have to loan out Scott Hogan who shouldn’t even be a football player.  

If we want Davis to improve, he has to play games and he isn’t going to get that in the PL. He may one day, but he needs 50 games at a lower level to improve is goalscoring first. 

• Like 1

I think Davis can make it as a Premier League striker. He could even be incredible. Got all the attributes for me, just needs a bit of luck to start bagging some goals and get going. Glad if we keep him here, he's a good option. Come on wor Big Keinan!

I must be the only one that just doesn't see anything in the kid then?

Edited by av1

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

I must be the only one that just see anything in the kid then?

No I think he has cracking potential. I think ideally he needs to play regular football for now, see if he can improve his decision making, bag a few goals and then make the jump. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Â