Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 hour ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

We need some pacey wingers if we are going to keep Gestede, which I think we should as he is effective at that level.

We need a hardworking midfield and  some experienced defenders.

We need to give Grealish a chance in the no.10 role for a whole season.

How about:

Steer; new right back, Okore, Clark, Cissokho; Gana, Westwood; Adama, Grealish, Amavi; Gestede

23 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

How about:

Steer; new right back, Okore, Clark, Cissokho; Gana, Westwood; Adama, Grealish, Amavi; Gestede

The only problem is this team has Gestede playing. Take him out and put in someone with an inch of talent and it would like ten times better...or just take out Gestede.

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

How about:

Gueye will move on. I'd move Cissokho on as we need better threat going forward in the championship if we are relying on width from full backs (which is ridiculous considering 99% of the teams play with wingers) We ought to play with wingers in the championship otherwise we are in for a long hard season again.

Clark has no business playing for us in the championship in my opinion. I'm not sure it's sustainable keeping Adama and I'd imagine if we get a fee for Okore we will accept it too.

3 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Some decent players in that line up, i would be disappointed if we didn't attempt to sign any of those players.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/10243950/ian-holloway-picks-his-championship-team-of-the-season

The Problem there is that most of those players will probably end playing in the PL next season for their currant clubs, it's going to be very tough for us to convince them to come here instead.

6 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Some decent players in that line up, i would be disappointed if we didn't attempt to sign any of those players.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/10243950/ian-holloway-picks-his-championship-team-of-the-season

Majority of those will be playing in the premier league next season.

2 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

The Problem there is that most of those players will probably end playing in the PL next season for their currant clubs, it's going to be very tough for us to convince them to come here instead.

I think that we could attract McCormack or Marshall they won't be going up anytime soon with their respective clubs

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I think that we could attract McCormack or Marshall they won't be going up anytime soon with their respective clubs

I'd take McCormack but at what cost, Fulham paid £11m and he's still got a couple of years left on his contract. Not convinced Marshall is any better than Guzan.

I'd take Marshall (potentially) and Elmohamady from that list, I think we have a realistic shot at both. McCormack would be a no from me, he'd cost a lot, and at 29 has no upside should we make it back up (he's not good enough for the premier league). 

We need to be ambitious and bring in some of the best in the Championship under 25 who will not go into the premier league. 

If I had to make a list off the top of my head I'd pick a couple of the following: Will Hughes, Zac Clough, Josh Vela, Dembele (probably unrealistic), Naki Wells, Forrestieri.

I'd also look at league one and go in for Che Adams at Sheffield United, he looks a real talent to me.