Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

5 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I'm sorry but no

Why are people mentioning Joe Lolley? 

he's record is dismal at championship level 7 goals in 50 games for Huddersfield is very poor.

He should be no where near our squad 

He only has 7 goals because is a young mostly a substitute & bit part player due to his age and development who is about 3rd or 4th choice striker behind established seasoned players and only recently has had a decent run in the team. He has exploded from uni/county football through the non leagues to the championship within 2-3 years. That in itself is astonishing. He is highly rated, their fans like him and most realise he has bags of potential and is still learning. One of the hottest prospects and you don't want him because huddersfield are treating him with kid gloves carefully? Okaaayyyyyyyy.

Edited by Ingram85

Just now, Ingram85 said:

1) He only has 7 goals because is a young mostly bit part player who is about 3rd or 4th choice striker behind established seasoned players and only recently has had a decent run in the team. 2) He has exploded through the non leagues to the championship within 2-3 years. That in itself is astonishing. He is highly rated, their fans like him and most realise he has bags of potential and is still learning.  3) One of the hottest prospects and you don't want him? Okaaayyyyyyyy.

1) He's 23 pushing 24 years of age..

2)  hmm 9 goals in 23 games for Kidderminster ... Okay then

3) Hottest prospects of what? Huddersfield? the joys..

4 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Oh and i'd go for that guy from Oxford as well, Roofe

Nah he's always out on the tiles now, career in the gutter after being slated off pitch. 

• Like 2

Midfield is a big problem for us at present, we creative nothing, score nowt and never control a game from there.  Veretout, Gana and possibly Sanchez will go.  I would look at Charlie Adam, Leon Britton and wouldn't rule out Joey Barton for a season.  Maybe even a loan or two from one of the Premiership big boys? Imagine Loftus-Cheek on loan til January. 

4 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

possibly look at the chelsea players who are loaned out currently. Imo Chalobah and Hector are good shouts

No thanks. Chalobah was a prospect but has been here, there and everywhere and has done nothing since his Watford days. Still he earns 40k a week and he happy dicking his career away so maybe he would fit in.

27 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Gareth Barry to anchor the midfield please!

We will definitely need an experienced professional, with equal emphasis on both words. Someone to properly captain the team, lead out on the pitch and be that bridge between the manager and the dressing room.

I think Barry is on a pretty nice contract at Everton, but with Martinez having one foot out the door he may want some more assurances of game time. 

3 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I'm sorry but no

Why are people mentioning Joe Lolley?

he's record is dismal at championship level 7 goals in 50 games for Huddersfield is very poor.

He should be no where near our squad 

Because he used to post on here and is a big villa fan, therefor he will at least put in an effort. Is he good enough for us to sign? God knows, never seen him play. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

We will definitely need an experienced professional, with equal emphasis on both words. Someone to properly captain the team, lead out on the pitch and be that bridge between the manager and the dressing room.

I think Barry is on a pretty nice contract at Everton, but with Martinez having one foot out the door he may want some more assurances of game time. 

At least Villa fans haven't burned any bridges with him.

Ahem...

(Seeing him back would be 'interesting' to say the least!)

• Like 1

Time for some speculation! Here is a team made up of current squad members and realistic targets available on a free in the summer.

GK: Steer

RB: Joey O'Brien

CB: Clark

CB: Marc Wilson

LB: Amavi

CM: Huddlestone

CM: Veretout

CAM: Grealish

RW: Traore

LW: Junior Hoilett

ST: Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Alright, no Ibrahimovic. I guess Gestede will do.