Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 hours ago, blunther said:

Joe Lolley anyone? Not sure how he's done at Huddersfield but I've seen his name pop up a few times with goals. At least he'd give a shit, which is more than the current lot 

Only if he starts posting on VT again. Make it part of the contract. He could be the new HairyHands.

29 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I'm realistic. After the shambles the previous few transfer windows I wouldn't rule out the club signing him as a star signing; without premier league money and an owner that doesn't care I'm really not expecting much to happen. 

why would the club announce him as a star signing on what basis. He doesnt even have international caps or a high profile

We might sniff at certain players being linked, but what we clear as hell need is some professionalism in the squad. I don't mind if we're looking at the East Anglian Pele, what i do care about is players coming in who want to win and who conduct themselves properly. Two or three leaders on the pitch is what we need and actually when you are not in the prem, they ain't that hard to pick up.

• Like 2

I'd like players at the club next year who aren't afraid of the ball and genuinely want to show for it .  Don't want anyone else coming here stealing a living. The thing i liked to see yesterday and all season because they play good stuff, was guys like cook, elphick, and Francis - all played with Bournemouth in league 1 . So game and so committed. Ok they aren't without they're mistakes but jesus do they want to play in the premier league, they absolutely embrace it and don't hide, at all. We have a bunch of mercenaries. It's a disgrace.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, blunther said:

Joe Lolley anyone? Not sure how he's done at Huddersfield but I've seen his name pop up a few times with goals. At least he'd give a shit, which is more than the current lot 

Been saying the same thing for months.

Genuinely think we should sign him.

He's not good enough to start for a top of the Championship side. But he'd contribute. And he'd actually give a shit compared to the guys we have now.

Not many id keep.  

Guzan:  OUT

Bennett: KEEP - be a decent championship player

Richards: OUT

Okore:  OUT - Not ability, but as the championship is relentless, you need to be able to play 3 games a week - he struggles with 3 games a month

Clark: KEEP

Bacuna: OUT

Gana: OUT

Sinclair: KEEP - Be a decent championship wideman

Gabby:  OUT

Westwood: KEEP

Lescott: OUT - Legs have gone

Veretout: OUT - Severely Shit

Richardson: OUT

Ayew:  KEEP if we can.

Traore:  ????

Hutton: KEEP

Amavi:  Inured, but OUT

Sanchez: KEEP

Gil: OUT - useless lightweight

Kozak: OUT

Zog: OUT

Bunn: OUT

Lyden: ??

Gestede: KEEP

Grealish: KEEP

Cissokho: KEEP

Nathan Baker, Steer, Gardner - would bring back all from loan to supplement the squad.............

For me, thatd leave a solid core of 14 players for the first team, so will prob need 6 to 8 more player to add to that and compete............... not impossible

I think it's important to give the new players a fair crack of the whip next season. Looking at Leicester, Schmeichal, Morgan, Drinkwater, Mahrez and Vardy were all signed when they were outside of the top flight.

With Kante's obvious quality aside, they added players like Robert Huth, Danny Simpson and a certain Villa outcast to their ranks - signings which would have been slated on here for lack of ambition.

If we get this right, we should be able to come back into the Premier League as a confident, winning side taking it's rightful place back in the top flight. A lot of players need to go for sure. Some players need a rebuild (as we've seen many of our rejects do well elsewhere), and some will thrive in the Championship. I just wish they would try to appoint the new man now so that he can use these remaining games to get a head start on who to kick out and who to keep, as that will definitely give us an advantage next season. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Veretout, Amavi, Gana and Ayew we need to keep IMO. Young players who have just played their first season in England, and from all reports earlier in the year they weren't integrated very well. They have talent and potential, and given some good signings in the summer they will have their part to play next year.

If we kept these guys, under a manager that can motivate them I think we'll clear up in the championship. That said, nobody from this campaign is safe, I imagine we'll accept sensible offers whenever they come in.

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

So you would rather Sanchez over Veretout?

Bennett over Amavi?

Cissokho over Amavi?

Gestede over Kozak?

Westwood over Gana?

No thank you.

To be honest its more of a "what I think will be here" not a "What I want"

but FWIW I don't rate Gana at all for the money we spent, and the Amavi love in was a bit OTT..................

theres a difference between keeping players by choice and keeping players through by no choice

or if youre a half glass empty type of guys...

getting rid of players by choice, or players leaving by choice

we dont yet know who we can keep hold of who we want or who we are stuck with who we want rid of

Ayew, Amavi, Gana and Veretout will all be stronger next season and worth keeping. My mate and I keep reminding ourselves of players like Freddie Bouma who was dire in the first season then became solid after that. 

We just got too many players who needed a season to settle and develop. O'Niell is hardly a star player but a good pro. Sets a good tone for Grealish, Adama, Veretout etc. 

We need some more battlers, experienced, good professionals to help the squad and the youth players.