Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

I'm not really against Steer being number 1, either.  He's a young goalkeeper who has now played the best part of a season in a Championship team.

Him as #1 with Bunn/Sarkic as backup would be absolute fine IMO.

I would like us to go all out and go for someone like Will Hughes as a statement of intent. I want us to say, right we are Aston Villa we are a big club, we want to get back, we don't want to be here, we shouldn't be here, we mean business and put whatever it takes down on the table to get the players of his ilk in. No penny pinching (but obviously within our means) We will have a bigger budget than 90% of the clubs in the division and we should act accordingly. 

38 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I would like us to go all out and go for someone like Will Hughes as a statement of intent. I want us to say, right we are Aston Villa we are a big club, we want to get back, we don't want to be here, we shouldn't be here, we mean business and put whatever it takes down on the table to get the players of his ilk in. No penny pinching (but obviously within our means) We will have a bigger budget than 90% of the clubs in the division and we should act accordingly. 

The great myth Will Hughes would be a statement of intent.

Oh, how we have fallen.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Hasn't he missed most of the season with an ACL injury?  Would be a sizeable risk for the amount Derby would want for him.

Said will Hughes in the summer before he got wrecked. Can't say is trust his fitness now unfortunately. See how he does next season

Edited by Duck

He was the first name that came into my head as I'm not too hot on my championship hot prospects. Insert relevant name as applicable. I want us to act like we are just visiting and we take what we want, when we want and to have a lil arrogance about us (within reason that is) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

I'm not really against Steer being number 1, either.  He's a young goalkeeper who has now played the best part of a season in a Championship team.

what about siegrist? hes 24 yrs old now, and i think the tallest goalkeeper at the club, he cant be that bad surely?

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

The great myth Will Hughes would be a statement of intent.

Oh, how we have fallen.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/the-scout-hughes-can-still-be-england-international

So why is Hughes so special? At such a young age, his impact on a Championship team over the past few seasons is astonishing. At the age of 18, he had the ability to hold his own in one of the world’s psychical and demanding leagues, while providing a valuable contribution.

The technically-gifted starlet has the ability to run the midfield, work his way out of pressuring situations and help his side earn a foothold in the game. As his passing completion stats show, he has a creative wand of a left foot that provides a forward thinking pass, but he also compliments it with driving attacking runs from midfield.

Similar to Barcelona greats Xavi and Andres Iniesta, players whom Hughes openly states he based his style of football on, he can cleverly cut a defense apart with a decisive through ball and use his quick feet to beat a man.

Yeah your right to be fair doesn't sound like an upgrade on Westwood at all does he ;) 

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/the-scout-hughes-can-still-be-england-international

Yeah your right to be fair doesn't sound like an upgrade on Westwood at all does he ;) 

Xavi and Iniesta? Must be the next Bannan then.

I have watched him play for years, he is nothing special and there is a reason why he was still at Derby this summer.

1 hour ago, AndyBM said:

what about siegrist? hes 24 yrs old now, and i think the tallest goalkeeper at the club, he cant be that bad surely?

He's only still at the club as he's recovering from a horrific leg injury. He's a million miles from good enough, even for a Championship side. 

• Like 1

Isn't there a fair few quality goalies available on free transfer in the summer?

Will be money well spent if we can get one of those, even if we have to pay a bit more in wages 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bobzy said:

I would bring him back to provide an alternative to a new keeper during the course of the season. He would possibly start as the second choice though for me as he was sent out on loan for a reason and that was because he was considered less ready than Guzan or Bunn for the first team back then (which does not say a lot given he may now start as first choice if we choose not to sign another keeper which I consider would be a mistake).    

Steer from reports seems to be doing OK in Championship but would sign an experienced No.2 in case the pressure of being No.1 gets too much maybe Schwarzer could be good choice then as he wont get much game time at Leicester

Tenuous link to a striker from serie a. 

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/04/15/report-aston-villa-set-to-sign-albanian-teenage-striker-rey-mana/

Report: Aston Villa set to sign Albanian teenage striker Rey Manaj on loan from Inter Milan

The Albanian international could be on his way to Villa Park.

The report claims that he will head to Villa on loan for the season, with the potential to make the deal permanent in the summer of 2017.

Manaj, who is hoping to be in the Albania squad that heads to Euro 2016 this summer, is a top talent who could prove a good acquisition for Villa.

Via http://www.calciomercato.com/news/inter-manaj-verso-l-aston-villa-879083

22 hours ago, thabucks said:

2 in 22 record for Cremonese (Serie C) none for Inter in 6 appearances, would fit right in.