Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Some suggestions I have based on players I think are good pros and we stand a chance of signing

James Morrison - contract ending at WBA

Tom Huddlestone - contract ending at Hull

Rob Green - Contract ending at QPR

David Wheater - Contract ending at Bolton

Peter Whittingham - knows Villa, played for many years in the Championship with Prem experience

Think these signings would be good squad players for newly promoted teams. But in the Championship they are vastly experienced battlers and think our chances of getting into the top 6 would improve dramatically with these additions. I'd want them whether we get a multi billionaire owner or not

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Well that is a depressing list.

Isn't it just! Maybe I'm being a little too realistic. Think they'd be good additions to a squad that needs some maturity and professionalism 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Some suggestions I have based on players I think are good pros and we stand a chance of signing

James Morrison - contract ending at WBA

Tom Huddlestone - contract ending at Hull

Rob Green - Contract ending at QPR

David Wheater - Contract ending at Bolton

Peter Whittingham - knows Villa, played for many years in the Championship with Prem experience

Think these signings would be good squad players for newly promoted teams. But in the Championship they are vastly experienced battlers and think our chances of getting into the top 6 would improve dramatically with these additions. I'd want them whether we get a multi billionaire owner or not

Kinda hope we stay away from those kind of players. 

Too high wages and potentially risky as you don't know how motivated they are at this stage of their careers.

Could be good, could be QPR...

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

Rob Green - not played by QPR for financial reasons, publicly stated he wants to be playing

Did my research before naming these guys. Don't think they're money grabbing mercenaries. Obviously I could be wrong but I think they're not cut from the same cloth as our current squad 

Rob Green left West Ham to move to QPR purely for money, the West Ham fans think he's a mercenary!! and now QPR can't afford his wages

Massive no thanks to him..

Edited by Villan4Life

33 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Rob Green left West Ham to move to QPR purely for money, the West Ham fans think he's a mercenary!! and now QPR can't afford his wages

Massive no thanks to him..

Didn't realise that was the reason he left West Ham, thought it was because of his loss of form and them bringing in Jussi Jas-cantspellhisname

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3488326/Rob-Green-opens-QPR-exile-m-desperate-play-hurting-me.html

This is the article I read which made me warm to him. He was happy to leave and was aware that he was a high earner the club might want to move on but they wanted him to stay. Don't think he'd be a bad egg in the dressing room at least. Could obviously be wrong though if the mercenary claims are true.

Also if these comments at the end of a fan blog at the time are anything to go by, the mercenary talk could have just been sour grapes

http://foreverwestham.com/2012/05/blog-topics/should-we-cave-to-his-wage-demands

Edited by skarroki

Big no to Green for me, no more past it 30 somethings looking for one last pay day. Sam Johnstone from Man Utd or Daniel Bentley from Southend both highly rated, young up & coming keepers who both happen to be out of contract in the summer.  

Always liked Morrison. In regards to Huddlestone I don't wanna see any more players with mobility issues near the team. Also don't see the point in going after Wheater as we have Baker to fill the role of brave but  dumb lump CB. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Big no to Green for me, no more past it 30 somethings looking for one last pay day. Sam Johnstone from Man Utd or Daniel Bentley from Southend both highly rated, young up & coming keepers who both happen to be out of contract in the summer.  

Always liked Morrison. In regards to Huddlestone I don't wanna see any more players with mobility issues near the team. Also don't see the point in going after Wheater as we have Baker to fill the role of brave but  dumb lump CB. 

The only reason Sam Johnstone is at Man Utd is because they refused to sell or loan him to Preston, didn't realise he was out of contract? Really like Daniel Bentley though, that's probably a much better option to be fair

• Like 1

theres been alot of mention of goal keepers on this thread, and i understand some think that bunn could do the job in the championship, but i dont think he could, so with that, i still stand by my opinion that i feel the best candidate for the no1 shirt would be boaz myhill, he would also be quite cheap as well, with steer as second choice.

as for defensive midfielders, how many of you would laugh if i said the name rohan ince?

Edited by AndyBM

6 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

theres been alot of mention of goal keepers on this thread, and i understand some think that bunn could do the job in the championship, but i dont think he could, so with that, i still stand by my opinion that i feel the best candidate for the no1 shirt would be boaz myhill, he would also be quite cheap as well, with steer as second choice.

as for defensive midfielders, how many of you would laugh if i said the name rohan ince?

Well I would, because he appears to be named after a place in Lord Of The Rings. 

• Like 1

with the likelihood that we expect none, or only a few signings this summer with a transfer budget consisting of only what players are sold, what are all your opinions of income from players that are well, clearly going to be leaving or hoping to see leave, if we can scrape £10m together from the below, it might help.

Guzan - £1m

Cissokho - £1m

Lescott - £0

Okore - £3m

Richards - £0

Bacuna - £2m

Richardson - £0

Veretout - £3m

Gana - £3m

NZogbia - £0

Gabby - £0

Bunn - £0

Sanchez - £500k

Westwood - £1m

Crespo - £500k (read a rumour he wants to go back to Spain)

Edited by AndyBM

3 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

with the likelihood that we expect none, or only a few signings this summer with a transfer budget consisting of only what players are sold, what are all your opinions of income from players that are well, clearly going to be leaving or hoping to see leave, if we can scrape £10m together from the below, it might help.

Guzan

Cissokho

Lescott

Okore

Richards

Bacuna

Richardson

Veretout

Gana

NZogbia (free)

Gabby

Bunn

Sanchez

Westwood

Crespo (read a rumour he wants to go back to Spain)

I'd keep Veretout & Gana from that list.

Obviously if good offers came in I'd sell (but that goes for all our players)