Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

said before Charlie Adam and Nakhi Wells be a great start for our summer business, Jack Byrne earning rave reviews at Cambuur and has chance of making Ireland squad for Euro 2016 could be a good loan signing. Patrick Vieira called him the next Roy Keane

8 hours ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Time for some speculation! Here is a team made up of current squad members and realistic targets available on a free in the summer.

GK: Steer

RB: Joey O'Brien

CB: Clark

CB: Marc Wilson

LB: Amavi

CM: Huddlestone

CM: Veretout

CAM: Grealish

RW: Traore

LW: Junior Hoilett

ST: Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Alright, no Ibrahimovic. I guess Gestede will do.

Wow our team is going to get worse isnt it :(

I know we are in the championship.. and it will be harder to get better players than what we have.. 

Its just sad to see. Ill glance at Leeds sides these days and i barely recognise any of them. Sad times for Villa. Lets hope we recruit well and they get us up. 

2 hours ago, KSV said:

Wow our team is going to get worse isnt it :(

I know we are in the championship.. and it will be harder to get better players than what we have.. 

It would be some achievement to actually create a worse squad than we currently have. 

6 hours ago, NSmith22 said:

Zach Clough and Jonathan Kodjia as well as Nahki Wells would be on my shortlist.

Certainly Clough.  Bolton relegated, financial difficulties... I'd be all over that.  The kid looks a very decent prospect and (I think) had a decent return in a woeful side this season.

Cheap, young and with a season of Championship football already under his belt.  The only "problem" would be that he'd be in competition, likely, with Grealish.

• Like 1

If we actually keep Amavi, Veretout and Traore in the Championship we'll be off to a great start.. Amavi alone was Top 6 quality LB at times before his injury. Hell I know that a lot of players have underperformed but Grealish did well in the Championship on loan, possibly that's his level. Clark love him or hate him is probably our best CB and is on his day Premier League quality. So provided we manage to hold onto some of the "good" ones we may do well this Summer for transfers.

11 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

We won't be getting Charles Adam...

Remember, we're just a half arsed club who used to be famous.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

he never said that though

and it would be true if he did!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Cheap, young and with a season of Championship football already under his belt.  The only "problem" would be that he'd be in competition, likely, with Grealish.

Good. Grealish needs a good kick up the arse with some half decent competition for places 

43 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Clough has 6 goals in 24 games, im not sure what the great hype is about him if honest though Bristol City had a bid of 2million accepted in January so wouldnt be that pricey

My guess (since you're reverting to stats) is that you haven't watched him play that much at all.

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

My guess (since you're reverting to stats) is that you haven't watched him play that much at all.

if honest No, I watch 1 shit team everyweek instead of having to watch another ;) Ive heard he is a striker and compared with Defoe before by somebody so I thought his stats are poor for that position

I can't imagine Bolton have exactly been banging them in all season though. Think it's a bit harsh to judge a young player like that on his goal return for the worst side in the league (sounds familiar)

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I can't imagine Bolton have exactly been banging them in all season though. Think it's a bit harsh to judge a young player like that on his goal return for the worst side in the league (sounds familiar)

they still have Emile Heskey up front, I expect them to be a free scoring team ;)

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

if honest No, I watch 1 shit team everyweek instead of having to watch another ;) Ive heard he is a striker and compared with Defoe before by somebody so I thought his stats are poor for that position

Whoever told you that is completely wrong ;)

He tends to play behind the strikers or wide and is absolutely nothing like Defoe (apart from that he's short).  Has been the stand out player in a, granted terrible, Bolton side.

• Like 1

I think we need to look at seasoned championship campaigners............. mixed in with a few lower league cream prospects, and maybe one big hitter (in relative championship terms)

a Few names who might be available id go for............ Richie De Laet, Zac Clough, Lewis Dunk................ Id add Bennett, Gardner, Baker back into the mix and go after some league 1 cream........... Sawyers, Dack, Bentley.............