Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If i was manager and this might be a controversial signing id go for joey Barton he is the kind of player we need in our midfield and dressing room

Type of player we should have gotten LAST year, or even prior. However due to his personal issues in the past and us acting like we are morally "holier than thou" we never did deals like this.

Starting an Everton old boys team?

Barry, Osman, maybe Pienaar while we're at it?

By the way, what up with Mason Holgate, could he do a job for us on loan next season?

Edited by sne

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I want to stay away from loans unless we can get the buy clauses in there, a mixture of Everton old boys and Chelsea yoof and we'll have a better team

Wipould probably end up with Gibson rather than Barry or osman

said on radio Gibson was man of match on saturday when he played for them

would fear more signing McGeady ;)

Can't believe some people want more fading average premier league players , have we learnt nothing ? Look at Leicester and Spurs squads, 2 years ago most of the players they have would have been unknown, we need to learn from all the mistakes we have made, the championship is an ideal chance to change. For example we could  look at some league one players who are at the top of their game and are young and hungry enough to push on.

48 minutes ago, tinker said:

Can't believe some people want more fading average premier league players , have we learnt nothing ? Look at Leicester and Spurs squads, 2 years ago most of the players they have would have been unknown, we need to learn from all the mistakes we have made, the championship is an ideal chance to change. For example we could  look at some league one players who are at the top of their game and are young and hungry enough to push on.

Where do you think the likes of Westwood came from?:huh:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tinker said:

Can't believe some people want more fadi average premier league players , have we learnt nothing ? Look at Leicester and Spurs squads, 2 years ago most of the players they have would have been unknown, we need to learn from all the mistakes we have made, the championship is an ideal chance to change. For example we could  look at some league one players who are at the top of their game and are young and hungry enough to push on.

Young and hungry was the Paul Lambert model which set up the relegation which was cemented in the summer with our transfer committee. 

As should have been the case all along, we need a mixture.

A few young and hungry players, a few seasoned pros, and few cheap(er) foreign signings and a few academy prospects.

I honestly think if you added 3 or 4 seasoned pros to our current squad we'd be in good shape. Obviously we'll need more players than that for rotation and to account for players leaving. But that's where we're lacking most.

• Like 2

On 20/04/2016 at 21:49, villa4europe said:

I want to stay away from loans unless we can get the buy clauses in there, a mixture of Everton old boys and Chelsea yoof and we'll have a better team

Wipould probably end up with Gibson rather than Barry or osman

I do not think beggars can be choosers and that is what we are at the moment. I think loan deals are about as good as it is going to get in the short term at least and what is the point in looking to agree a sale price when that might stop a deal being done and when we have no budget to purchase such players in any case? 

We need to look at bringing in players that are at the end of their contract that we would only need to agree wages and a signing on fee for such as Bentley from Southend before someone else gets them and to ask the likes of the Manchester clubs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs whether they can loan us a player or two and pay a chunk of their salary for us. But no doubt nothing will happen and we will watch other teams strengthen whilst we wait, wait and wait again for the phantom takeover to happen and for a new manager who can decide on a transfer policy to arrive. As Elton John once said, "I think its going to be a long, long time....;)    

For me, every single one of these players needs to go in the next 3 windows. There's not one id be say to lose! 

Bring some kids through and add about 20 players in the next 3 Windows with British league experience. 

Add that to a new owner and a new manager and see where it takes us. 

On 20/04/2016 at 21:13, Demitri_C said:

If i was manager and this might be a controversial signing id go for joey Barton he is the kind of player we need in our midfield and dressing room

Just watched Burnley vs Preston and Barton was absolutely excellent.

As much as I hate the prick, he'd be a great signing if Burnley decide he's not up to the Premier League.

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Just watched Burnley vs Preston and Barton was absolutely excellent.

As much as I hate the prick, he'd be a great signing if Burnley decide he's not up to the Premier League.

Yes he was.

But I think with this performances Burnley will defenitly take him up to the PL.

He's got enough PL experience and he can still do a job there.