Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

3 minutes ago, Uppernorthstander said:

Ricky Martin anyone?

gabbys been livin' the vida loca for years now ! 

Haha that was actually my next choice. I know this isnt the Gabby thread, but what a word removed he has become. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StewieGriffin said:

Well at least he'd never let us down, desert us, tell a lie or hurt us...

And he would never give us up for champions league. Wonder if he can pass forward. If he can i reckon he ticks all the boxes to be signed up for next season 

2 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Would love to get Patrick Bamford in on loan next season

i wouldnt, that kids done at chelsea, he's never playing for them, clinging on to an unrealistic dream and no doubt the pay packet that comes with it, time for a dose of reality, he's 22, played 8 games or 2 teams in the prem this year (doubt half of them were starts)

sign him up properly or dont touch him IMO

chalobah is the same, £5m for both

Charly Musonda (Jr) seem to be set to spend next season as well at Real Betis.

Shame that, would have liked him on loan from Chelsea in the Championship

Edited by sne

i read a good article this morning (cant remember were i saw it) that mentioned some interesting players that could seriously improve the team (which lets be honest isnt difficult) now i personally have never heard of these players but i trust the opinion of others that do.

it mentioned aiden flint and grant hanley for defence, aron gunnarson and henri lansbury for defensive mid (which lets be honest, our current 3 are worst than awful), lewis mcgugan for attacking mid, ross mccormack and ben marshall for up front.

but theres still no talk of needing a new keeper, for me, id like to see either boaz myhill or robert olejnik back at the club

half our defence need to go, with that, ive been keeping tabs on jordan willis and ryan inniss all season

id like to mention tohan ince for defensive mid

we also definitely need some attacking threat, with that id like to throw the name chike and freddie sears into the hat, id also like to mention callum saunders just because hes deans son, lol

Edited by AndyBM

I reckon we'd get jordi gomez for next to nothing. Even though he's playing in the championship id challenge anyone who thinks we have a midfielder who is better technically and a more clever footballer than him. Not saying he is world class by any stretch but it's fairly bad to say he is a better footballer than the crowd we have masquerading to be in the premier league. Still only 30. Would do a job for us next year.

Edited by Johnnyp
mistake

2 hours ago, AndyBM said:

i read a good article this morning (cant remember were i saw it) that mentioned some interesting players that could seriously improve the team (which lets be honest isnt difficult) now i personally have never heard of these players but i trust the opinion of others that do.

it mentioned aiden flint and grant hanley for defence, aron gunnarson and henri lansbury for defensive mid (which lets be honest, our current 3 are worst than awful), lewis mcgugan for attacking mid, ross mccormack and ben marshall for up front.

but theres still no talk of needing a new keeper, for me, id like to see either boaz myhill or robert olejnik back at the club

half our defence need to go, with that, ive been keeping tabs on jordan willis and ryan inniss all season

id like to mention tohan ince for defensive mid

we also definitely need some attacking threat, with that id like to throw the name chike and freddie sears into the hat, id also like to mention callum saunders just because hes deans son, lol

All those players are shit though.

Hanley is a fat clogger with no natural ability, no better than Baker and Clark.

Gunnarson is a mid table plodder.

Lansbury is a big time Charlie who threatened to be decent but now can't even get in a shit Nottingham team.

McGugan has been around the lower reaches of the Championship most his career,great strike on him, will be carried most of the time.

McCormack part of underachieving Cardiff, Leeds and Fulham teams. Overweight, talented but again you have to carry him.

Olejnik? Makes Gabby look trim.

Freddie Sears, just no.

15 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I reckon we'd get jordi gomez for next to nothing. Even though he's playing in the championship id challenge anyone who thinks we have a midfielder who is better technically and a more clever footballer than him. Not saying he is world class by any stretch but it's fairly bad to say he is a better footballer than the crowd we have masquerading to be in the premier league. Still only 30. Would do a job for us next year.

He is shit too.

All those players are shit though.

Hanley is a fat clogger with no natural ability, no better than Baker and Clark.

Gunnarson is a mid table plodder.

Lansbury is a big time Charlie who threatened to be decent but now can't even get in a shit Nottingham team.

McGugan has been around the lower reaches of the Championship most his career,great strike on him, will be carried most of the time.

McCormack part of underachieving Cardiff, Leeds and Fulham teams. Overweight, talented but again you have to carry him.

Olejnik? Makes Gabby look trim.

Freddie Sears, just no.

This is one thing I utterly despise. The 'well the current lot are shit, so THIS LOT can't be worse!' arguments.

That was the same argument used when we got rid of El-Ahmadi and brought in Sanchez. The same argument used when we brought in Westwood to replace whichever average squad player he replaced.

Our current players are bad. But things can get MUCH worse.

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Your probably right, let's stick with Westwood and Gill next year. 

...but he is exactly the same as those players except he takes penalties. He is incredibly one paced, weak, not going to beat a man, not going to slip through a great through ball. 

My reply was a bit flipant, but really he is not very good, at all. Probably not even better than what we have.