Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 hours ago, useless said:

He's done stuff in the past, but if he's changed then he might deserve a chance. He's certainly a good footballer.

He's had enough chances I reckon. Massive talent, massively bad crack habit (allegedly).

just asked Alan Nixon on twitter about Bamford and he seems to think if he's not involved in chelsea's first team then he'd prefer a loan to a Spanish team. 

Was hoping that we would've been in for him as he's a young but proven championship scorer. 

Edited by Villaphan04

3 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I think too many people have been playing too much FM...... transfers take time. Relax and trust in Tony :D

Not enough people put enough trust in FM...delay transfer for a week because of insufficient funds...standard villa that is 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, useless said:

I predict we'll sign a bunch of players who we haven't even been linked with.

We sign a striker completely out of left field no one has ever heard of followed by an ITK Twitter account claiming that they told us a striker was coming?  

Edited by villa4europe

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not enough people put enough trust in FM...delay transfer for a week because of insufficient funds...standard villa that is 

Agent informs you that his client has no interest in joining your club.....

4 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Agent informs you that his client has no interest in joining your club.....

Make an offer anyway or talk to him first?

i was gonna make him captain and envisage him having a great career here...

unfortunately antoine griezmann has turned me down :( 

• Like 1

I'm trying to be patient, but the season starts in a month. I'd hoped we'd have had a few more faces in and out by now but I'm not exactly panicking either. Yes, I know the transfer window technically only open a week ago and there is nearly two months before it closes, but I think most would agree that we need to hit the ground running and have arguably the most to do with our squad out of any team who is serious about promotion. We need to be making somewhat of a statement to both the fans and the current squad that we are serious about promotion - this squad wouldn't make playoffs as it stands.

Our fellow relegated teams were miles better than us, the teams that missed out on promotion need tweaks - we need an overhaul. On the plus side we've currently held on to a few players I suspected would have gone by now. Keep Amavi, Ayew, Grealish etc and it greatly reduces the amount of transfers we need but we still need at least another three or four first team players.

However, I'd hope by the Middlesborough game that 90% of our transfer business is done so that makes the next three weeks crucial. I have patience, but I am a little worried that the season starts in a month and we've just taken a poor senior squad on a week long training camp to Austria, it doesn't mean transfers can't happen in that time, it's just that they're much less likely to.

Come on RDM/ Dr Xia, show us your serious about promotion.

Edited by jackbauer24
spelling

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

just asked Alan Nixon on twitter about Bamford and he seems to think if he's not involved in chelsea's first team then he'd prefer a loan to a Spanish team. 

Was hoping that we would've been in for him as he's a young but proven championship scorer. 

I suspect we are/were in for him. If he would prefer a loan to a Spanish team I guess he might have the same agent as Bacuna now and be looking forward to playing alongside Ronaldo or Messi next season or does he just have a tan to top up playing for any club in Spain?

I would hope he would see the opportunity to play for RDM and our football club as an offer that is too good to turn down but the choice is his to make and I'm sure we have other irons in the fire if he makes his own Brexit.        

Agree our fellow relegated teams were miles better than us but also firmly believe that that gap could be rectified purely by a decent manager irradicating the rot within our club, we were shit last season, even shitter than we realistically should have been, it's a scary prospect than RDM and Tony will install some kind of purely mental thing that will turn it around but at the same time I'm willing to trust their judgement 

if RDM turns round and says he's a good enough manager to get that same team promoted then fair **** play to him...he's wrong but I'm willing to see what he can do 

I agree with V4E, the biggest problem we as fans had last season was that our players werent putting the effort in because on paper these players shouldve avoided relegation by a whisker if not more comfortably.  Assuming we have a new goalkeeper and Tommy our new captain at the hear of the defence.  Then Amavi and Okore, I would be comfortable with.  I'd even be ok with Hutton.  Moving forwards to midfield and strikers is where I'm more uncomfortable but assuming at least two or three players in and importantly some of the current squad playing better in a lower level competition, we should be playoff team.  RDM effect to get the team functioning should help.  That in my mind should be worse case scenario, but obviously I'm hoping for a lot better, with more players in and more out but Villa have let me down so often but I'm trying to stay positive.

I think business will speed up after this week's training stint in Austria, especially the friendly RDM has organised.

I was not at all surprised to see the group taken to Austria, doesn't contain any of the kids pushing for a first team chance, I think it could well be the equivalent of 'the last chance saloon' for several of the squad.

• Like 1

I suspect we will see fewer outgoings than most of us would like to see. A decent manager would see many of these players as a challenge because many of them have played decent football at other stages of their careers.

The question is whether they have the hunger to claw their way back and what needs to be done to address the overall lack of balance, creativity and defensive discipline in the team.

7 minutes ago, Ponky said:

I suspect we will see fewer outgoings than most of us would like to see. A decent manager would see many of these players as a challenge because many of them have played decent football at other stages of their careers.

The question is whether they have the hunger to claw their way back and what needs to be done to address the overall lack of balance, creativity and defensive discipline in the team.

Also lots of our players have 3-4 years left to run on their deals (Amavi, Ayew, Bacuna, Baker, Clark, Gestede, Gil, Gana, Richards, SInclair, Traore, Veretout & Westwood) so they might not be easy to move on.

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Make an offer anyway or talk to him first?

i was gonna make him captain and envisage him having a great career here...

unfortunately antoine griezmann has turned me down :( 

We would love you to join us. You can help us win trophies and become a club legend. Ronaldo replies: i have many trophies and i am a club legend..... doh

How are all the other teams doing? Surely a certain championship in France has been taking everyone's attention not to mention annual holidays - the preseason only commenced last week.

Just relax people

• Like 4

On 06/07/2016 at 17:17, rodders0223 said:

Sorry Rodders can't unquote you on my phone. 

But if we have any serious intention of getting promoted straight away we need signings and we need them fast imo.  With less than a month to go til the season starts we really need to get players in and settled.  I'm a little disappointed that RDM didn't know beforehand what he wanted to do with the squad.  Assuming he has known about the takeover and his impending appointment for quite some time you'd think he would have had a good idea of what we need.  So far we've gone in for players recommended to him by his staff which is fine,  but get a move on with your own signings,  whoever they may be.  

I said a couple of weeks ago around the time that Elphick sign not expect much to happen during the Euro's.

Yes there is a month to go, yes it would be nice to have seen a few more arrive. But it is quite obvious we are making moves for players but as I say every single window these things take time.

In addition surely it's only right and sensible that RDM has a good look at what he has got before bringing people in? 

There is no comparison to be made with Newcastle where Benitez has had far long to make decisions on players both needed and not needed and to put things in place to do deals.

While I have a few question marks against both RDM and Dr X at the moment I'm confident that the squad for Sheff Wed will look quite different to the one that got on the plane yesterday.

It appears that a Techincal Director will be appointed soon and it's reasonable to think that also may have an impact on our transfer activity.

Either way while I get the frustration and to a degree share it this period was always going to happen it doesn't mean players won't arrive.

• Like 4