Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

8 hours ago, villarocker said:

We're only missing Homer! 

How about a name change down at the City Centre?

Edited by meme
  • Like 1

ill be honest, by now, i thought we would have at least another player in by now, we probably have one of the highest transfer budgets in the league so what are we waiting for.

also, the only player that have gone are those whose contracts have expired.

• Like 1

New owner new manager, potentially lots of money means agents trying to mug us off, we've got time

personally I like the idea of RDM wanting to see first hand if these players really are that shit and that much of a lost cause, if he was selling players based on what he'd seen on MOTD last year I'd be more worried, 1st week of training over and let him form his own opinion 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, useless said:

We need a creative player who can play behind the strikers. If not Morrison then someone else of a similar style.

Morrison from Albion? He signed a new contract I believe.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

ill be honest, by now, i thought we would have at least another player in by now, we probably have one of the highest transfer budgets in the league so what are we waiting for.

also, the only player that have gone are those whose contracts have expired.

So we're looking for players who will actually suit whatever Di Matteo's setup will be (rather than just throwing dolla around) whilst, at the same time, the players who served up absolute garbage last season aren't wanted. 

Why the panic?

Edited by bobzy

27 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Chris Forrester from Peterborough would be a signing I'd love to see happen, he is creative, technically gifted, has a good attitude and is captain there at 23. Would not cost a fortune either.

Who is that kid that's on loan to Peterborough from West Ham? He's tall with blonde hair and Scandinavian I think, quite tricky and creative. 

Watched a cup game last season and he looked decent.

27 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Chris Forrester from Peterborough would be a signing I'd love to see happen, he is creative, technically gifted, has a good attitude and is captain there at 23. Would not cost a fortune either.

As a St. Pats supporter this would be an amazing move from a personal perspective, and I think he's more than capable of cutting it at Championship level, however it's not likely to happen particularly soon I don't think. They've just made him captain and given him a long term deal, no doubt so they can sell him on for more as that's how Peterborough tend to maneuver, but should more or less guarantee he'll be there for the start of the season.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AJ said:

Like Deeney for Watford both times last season. Birmingham's best off field striker. That was painful.

His celebration in front of the Holte gutted me more than the actual relegation. . I little piece of me died that day I think. 

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

His celebration in front of the Holte gutted me more than the actual relegation. . I little piece of me died that day I think. 

If it helps, Joe Lolley scored in front of the Tilton a week later.

• Like 2