Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

He's done it at this level before. Whether the lad want's a loan or an actual secure future is another matter, although given the tendency for successful players to stay for no more than a year or two at intermediate clubs perhaps it's no big thing anymore. 

I'd be happy with a loan and glad we're also looking at another striker, our biggest downfall last year was up front. 

25 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I take everything with a pinch of salt.

Unless Richard makes a vague comment about a player.  Then I know it's on. :detect:

Fixed :crylaugh:

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

Gotta say I've seen none of Bamford so I've no idea whether he's all he's cracked up to be, or whether the constant repeating of his name has in itself elevated him to the status of best attainable striker. 

I think he needs a solid base.  Was touted as a future England star when he moved from Forest but hasn't found stability anywhere (joys of Chelski, I suppose).

He's a cracking little player in terms of technique and intelligence and has scored plenty of goals at Championship level.  People will point at his Premier League goals tally being 0 to say "he can't make the step up" - I honestly think he can, and that's why Palace and Norwich (among others, but they secured the loans) were keen to see him.  From memory, he almost scored a beaut against Man City when at Norwich (hit the bar?).

Loan with a view to permanent would be fine.  I'd rather buy Bamford than McCormack outright, if that was an option.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

McCormack. 

Thank you please. 

Think McCormack, and one of those young strikers we were being linked with last year etc, Oulare a couple other hot looking prospects, or Bamford would be god.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, useless said:

I was hoping we'd sign Bamford on a permanent deal, they say a few other teams are interested and he's weighing up the options.

loan to buy for me, >£10m fee agreed depending on how he does

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

Bamford reminds me of an old fashioned striker, in a similar vain to Robbie Fowler.

How was Fowler an old fashioned forward? Shearer was an old school number 9, Fowler?! 

"Italian goalkeeper excited at opportunity to join ‘glorious’ Aston Villa"

http://7500toholte.sbnation.com/2016/7/6/12105532/italian-goalkeeper-excited-at-opportunity-to-join-glorious-aston-villa

Aston Villa target Pierluigi Gollini was cornered by Italy’s Sky Sport in an airport today and for those who can speak Italian, he dropped a few gems in the following interview.

Italian? I can’t speak it myself, but I’m fortunate enough to work with someone who can. Michele Pasquali of the AC Milan Offside stepped in to help me out with the language barrier. He took a look at the video and was able to reveal some exciting information.

‘It seems that Gollini, who played at Hellas Verona last season, signed with Aston Villa. He said he's happy to join such a "glorious" (literally) club and he thinks it's a great opportunity for him to play for them. Also, it seems that Verona wanted him to stay but they couldn't reach an agreement so he was happy to agree to Di Matteo's offer.’

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

McCormack has never fired anybody to promotion. He has hung around the lower reaches of the Champo for the best part of a decade.

Why the desire? I really don't get it.

He scores goals as I understand it. 

Plus, look who he's played for. With all due respect, Fulham and Leeds were never realistically challenging for promotion. Not just due to McCormack but because of the overall quality in their teams.

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

McCormack has never fired anybody to promotion. He has hung around the lower reaches of the Champo for the best part of a decade.

Why the desire? I really don't get it.

He's the Darren Bent of the Championship.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I take everything with a pinch of salt.

If you did, you'd probably be dead from extreme hypertension, dehydration, and poisoning by now...

• Like 1