Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

10 minutes ago, AJ said:

What concerns me is that there might be a bit of " Jeckyll and Hyde" going on with some of the players. What they say and how they apply themselves during training might indicate that they want every success for the team, but once they are on the pitch, they leave their care factor in the change room. I hope RDM has a fully functional bullshit detector when assessing the squad.

I don't think they even trained well last year. Attitude and application was a massive failure last year. I can't see that happening with this coaching set up. He'll quickly find out who's good enough. We need a goalscorer though as a priority. 

• Like 1

Our squad's really not that bad if properly prepared and motivated.

There are some bad eggs that I'd love to see the back of (Lescott, Gabby etc), but I've maintained all along, since the end of last season, that I didn't agree with the complete overhaul that a lot of people were suggesting we needed.

I personally think Kozak would do really well in the championship. Top scorer in the Europa league a few years back and hasn't had much of a chance to have a run of games to rebuild his sharpness since the injury. Him and Ayew could do really well together. I'd not be too worried about striking options but would like 1 really top proven striker in still.

20 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

16 points. 

It might be a simplistic way of looking at it. But 16 points. 

three shite managers,  an owner that didnt care and didnt invest for a few years, multiple managers before last season leaving remnants of different squads and tactics, poisonous atmosphere at home....

I could go on.  I take your point though Dave and to be honest there are about 8 or 9 players I would happily blindfold, drive somewhere and we'd never see again.  But I do think there are some that would benefit from a better atmosphere at the club.

Players like:

Guzan

Richards

Lescott

Bacuna

Sanchez

Sinclair

Flabby

Clark

and to a lesser degree Westwood

I'd happily never see them in a Villa shirt again.  But we will have a squad of 25 ish so that leaves around 16 or so from last year that will remain,  in my mind anyway and those that remain need to be ones that benefit from a change in approach at the club

• Like 1

I'd go along with that our squad, player for player is not that terrible that it should finish on 17 points in the league.

But. It is composed of players who make it impossible to build a functioning midfield, it is also severely lacking in width. With Amavi injured and Adama not played we had/have nothing on the flanks.

We have addressed the managerial issue, will hopefully address the discipline/attitude issues. 

Hopefully we will also have a better composed more balanced and coherent squad when the next season starts.

We had horrible goalkeeper, defense and attacking issues last season.But for me the biggest reason we were as bad as we were last season was still midfield.

Edited by sne

3 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

How about Son Heung-min from Tottenham? Just read an article that Tottenham are ready to sell him. A quality player and exactly what we are looking for in midfield.

Not a bad shout but I doubt he'd come to us, I think he's excellent though

From Hamburg to Bayer Leverkusen, on to Spuds for £22m, next stop the championship.

Seems legit :D

11 minutes ago, av1 said:

From Hamburg to Bayer Leverkusen, on to Spuds for £22m, next stop the championship.

Seems legit :D

Aren't we aiming to be one of the top 3 clubs in the world within 10 years? He's only 24 so theoretically we would be a step up for him. 

Edited by Michael118

1 minute ago, Michael118 said:

Aren't we aiming to be one of the top 3 clubs in the world within 10 years? He's only 24 so Villa would actually be a step up for him. 

Not sure if serious? For your own sanity you should forget that top 3 in the world crap.

Villa is a step up from Spurs?

Righty oh pal 

Still need for the first team

Central Defender

Forward thinking midfielder

Wide man

Striker

then depending upon who goes we will need some back up options