Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

68k a week as a championship club, on a 4 or 5 year deal is madness... That's a recipe for the next QPR, a club mismanaged even worse than our own if that's possible. 

Edit: also I don't beleive a word of it, just some Twitter jerk with too much time on his hands (lots of them around, they need better hobbies).

Edited by alreadyexists

2 minutes ago, cudoz said:

The guy is a wind up merchant.  He just sticks the bait out and waits for bites on twitter.  

Those "quotes" are recycled from his "ITK" about their two signings last week.

No idea what Gamez is like but I doubt he is better than Janmaat so as long as NUFC keep buying lesser players than what they've got I'll be happy!! £68k a week for a no mark RB it he championship?? Fair play Rafa!!!!!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dn1982 said:

No idea what Gamez is like but I doubt he is better than Janmaat so as long as NUFC keep buying lesser players than what they've got I'll be happy!! £68k a week for a no mark RB it he championship?? Fair play Rafa!!!!!! 

The guy is saying we offered £68k p.w but he chose to take a paycut to join NUFC.  Not that it really matters, it's all complete nonsense anyway.

7 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Janmaat is an absolute woeful defender though. great going forward but his positioning and effort in defence is on same level as Richards 

his "performance" last season vs Palace was easily one of the worst of the season

Edited by Zatman

33 minutes ago, BOF said:

I don't.  They're a **** nothing club.  They've conjured this rivalry out of the most tenuous of reasons.  The fixture list meant we relegated them.  It could have been anyone else.  So Newcastle's newest 'rivalry' was purely by chance.  We don't care about them, or at least we shouldn't care about them.  The fact they care about us - and the fact Norwich similarly care about us - should be something we laugh at.

They're a joke of a club, I'm sure they'll say the same about us but in reality, that lot are a nothing club as you said. If it wasn't for SSN I scarcely reckon anyone would mention them. SSN banged the "big club" drum from the second there seemed like a danger of relegation (even the first time around) and haven't stopped since.

Has someone been playing games with his Wikipedia page? It has his current club as Beddlington Terriers and refers to him playing for Rotterdam ladies.

Splendid.

Open main meWatch this pa

Personal information
Full name Jesús Gámez Duarte
Date of birth 10 April 1985 (age 31)
Place of birth Fuengirola, Spain
Height 1.82 m (5 ft 11 12 in)
Playing position Right back
Club information
Current team
Bedlington Terriers
Number 2
Youth career
1997–2000 Fuengirola
2000–2004 Málaga
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2004–2006 Málaga B 40 (1)
2005–2014 Málaga 266 (1)
2014–2016 Atlético Madrid 24 (0)
2016- Bedlington Terriers 0 (0)
National team
2005 Spain U23 4 (2)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.

† Appearances (goals)

Jesús Gámez Duarte (Spanish pronunciation: [xe'sus 'ɣameθ]; born 10 April 1985) is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for apart Rotterdam ladies mainly as a right back.

He spent most of his career with Málaga, making his debut with the first team in 2005 and going on to appear in 293 official games.

E

•  

Just now, PieFacE said:

Why? This is speculation... 

Because it's 99% bollocks.

This tweet, for example, is horse shit. Yet here we are discussing it :crylaugh:

Yeah but there is the occasional truth, for example the kid who was said Villa were going to sign Elphick about a week before the papers picked up on it. People like Harj too. 

I see no harm in discussing Twitter stuff. 

Edited by PieFacE

There's no harm in it.

It's just frustrating that some scrote on Twitter will just invent something and you'll have 10 posters in here pouncing on it.

You may as well be discussing a player a homeless man shouted at you in the street.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There's no harm in it.

It's just frustrating that some scrote on Twitter will just invent something and you'll have 10 posters in here pouncing on it.

You may as well be discussing a player a homeless man shouted at you in the street.

Pretty sure that has been done. Wasn't there a storey about a transfer being discussed in the queue at tescos a few years back.

It came from one of VTs more hilarious posters who has now left and I can't remember his name

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

whoscored.com gives you them.

It's been used before to disprove the "Westwood only passes backwards" myth.

Whatever you think about his ability, that statement is demonstrably false.

Edit: in fact it was me who used it on one occasion, here

Considering how little time we as a team spend with the ball, and how far down our own side of the pitch this possession is most of the time. It would be quite remarkable if all of his passes went backwards.

23 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Compared to the stuff in the papers?

Its all speculation, most of it is twaddle.

Hit the nail on the head, was just about to say the papers come out with just as much tosh, it's just up to us to wade through it.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hit the nail on the head, was just about to say the papers come out with just as much tosh, it's just up to us to wade through it.

Or ignore it... which is what I do these days.