Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

8 minutes ago, Christer said:

We have better options in Sweden then Antonsson

Yup!

I Maintain that Christoffer Nyman from IFK Norrköping would be a good signing.

Will leave in the summer since his contract is up after the season, probably cost less than £350k.

One of the best players last season when they won the league, 23 y.o and on the brink of breaking into the national side (his former manager will take over after the summer)

Incredibly hard working and has a knack for being in the right place at the right time. Creates as much as he scores by making runs and stretching the opponents defense.

Would be a very solid squad player with great potential to develop.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, av1 said:

I never really get this, neither of those players were good enough to get into our side at the time. The fact we have since turned to sh#t and they have improved is irrelevant.

Its like slagging Fergie for not starting Pogba, Mourinho for not starting Matic the first time, it why Barca insist on buy back clauses. Times change, but Cahill aside, who was adamant he wanted to leave, was anyone too bothered when Davis and Albrighton left?

They look the same players to me now as they did then they just moved to an environment which allowed them to reach their potential. I knew all three would be success stories when they left. All of them were good enough for us at the time and if played regularly under a good manager they would have developed the same way at Villa.

16 hours ago, sne said:

Yup!

I Maintain that Christoffer Nyman from IFK Norrköping would be a good signing.

Will leave in the summer since his contract is up after the season, probably cost less than £350k.

One of the best players last season when they won the league, 23 y.o and on the brink of breaking into the national side (his former manager will take over after the summer)

Incredibly hard working and has a knack for being in the right place at the right time. Creates as much as he scores by making runs and stretching the opponents defense.

Would be a very solid squad player with great potential to develop.

How good is Sam Johnson, scored 17 in 41 for Djurgardens.

African Strikers usually do well in English football so might be worth a bid?

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

How good is Sam Johnson, scored 17 in 41 for Djurgardens.

African Strikers usually do well in English football so might be worth a bid?

Haven't seen too many games with him but he looks decent enough.

Not sure we would be able to get a work permit for him thou, or if he's good enough for the Championship yet.

Probably other Swedes at this forum who has better knowledge of him than me, but I think he just signed a new long contract with Djurgården...

Wouldn't mind Brady, pretty fast, has a good cross on him and chips in with goals. Just hope that dosen't mean Amavi is off...

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Just got promoted with Hull didn't he why would he come to the championship 

He plays for Norwich now.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Wouldn't mind Brady, pretty fast, has a good cross on him and chips in with goals. Just hope that dosen't mean Amavi is off...

He plays for Norwich now.

I got him mixed up with Robertson the other fullback they have

Is someone like Sam Larsson of Heerenveen a realistic option to look at? Very good player and scores a fair amount of goals.

Hakim Ziyech who is a player i rate highly but would be too above us now unfortunately and apparently is close to moving to Swansea for around £6.5mil. That would be a steal at that price

Nick Powell would be a good option on a bosman.

Would very much like Brady. It would leave me wondering about Amavi, teams at the championship level don't tend to have two players of that quality in one specific position. 

Perhaps there would be scope to move Amavi further forward. I'd not be averse to that on this occasion, I think he'd rip the championship a new one wherever he played. 

17 minutes ago, sne said:

Think I've seen an article claiming Norwich wanted £12m for him, can't see us paying anything close to that.

I have a feeling that prices might be getting inflated by the premier league tv deal.

Just read an article where watford are quoting £32m for troy deeney!!