Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Can't much happening on this front for next 2-3 weeks sadly.

Based on a hunch?

I can't see *much* happening either. Maybe a couple in. I understand why. I am hopeful that the floodgates will open from there.  

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Based on a hunch?

I can't see *much* happening either. Maybe a couple in. I understand why. I am hopeful that the floodgates will open from there.  

What are you chaps alluding to?

35 minutes ago, dogbonus said:

I have a feeling that prices might be getting inflated by the premier league tv deal.

Just read an article where watford are quoting £32m for troy deeney!!

They'll certainly be inflated for us, due to the takeover. 

How do people know so much about all these foreign players? Makes me feel like a right dunce who is no proper fan of the game. Never watch Swiss or Swedish football in fact wouldn't even know how to. I can barely find time to watch all the English football games without watching forrin football as well. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

How do people know so much about all these foreign players? Makes me feel like a right dunce who is no proper fan of the game. Never watch Swiss or Swedish football in fact wouldn't even know how to. I can barely find time to watch all the English football games without watching forrin football as well. 

your not on your own

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, useless said:

I imagine Brady will get offers from Premier league clubs. Everytime I've seen him he's looked like a good player. Would be a good replacement for Amavi.

I think he's an excellent player but I think he is better in midfield, although he can fill in at left back

• Like 1

Probably been posted already but...

EXCLUSIVE: Aston Villa and West Brom want to sign this Welsh ace

WALES forward Hal Robson-Kanu is wanted by both West Brom and Aston Villa.

The ex-Reading man, 27, is now a free agent after running down his contract with the Championship outfit in order to make himself a bargain transfer this summer.

And that plan, allied to his excellent early form at Euro 2016 in France, appears to be working as interest in Robson-Kanu is starting to build.

New Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers was the first to make a move to take the one-time Arsenal trainee to Parkhead – and an offer is on the table.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/523865/EXCLUSIVE-Aston-Villa-West-Brom-sign-Wales-Hal-Robson-Kanu-Premier-League-transfers

• Like 1

Maybe barca and their coaches knew an awful lot more than we or Reilly did. Didn't sell Halilovic did they. Adama is fast but he has sooooo much to work on to become a team player it's frightening, and when you consider he was in a structure from 9 years of age that place massive emphasis on passing football. They couldn't do a thing with him. 

Just wasn't sure where he'd fit in, in our midfield, looking at the way Di Matteo's played in the past. Just watching a few clips of him, intersting to see that he seems to be two footed.

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Simple answer is I live in Sweden :D

More than that Swedish telly and web-tv show Serie A, Ligue 1, La Liga, Bundesliga, Premier League & The Championship, Eredevisie, Champions League, Europa League as well as our national leagues and sometimes games from Brazil and MLS as well. 

So if you wan't to you can pretty much watch football every night, every week. I actually used to do that up until a few years back. Was both a hobby and a side income as I wrote articles for some local papers.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Probably been posted already but...

EXCLUSIVE: Aston Villa and West Brom want to sign this Welsh ace

WALES forward Hal Robson-Kanu is wanted by both West Brom and Aston Villa.

The ex-Reading man, 27, is now a free agent after running down his contract with the Championship outfit in order to make himself a bargain transfer this summer.

And that plan, allied to his excellent early form at Euro 2016 in France, appears to be working as interest in Robson-Kanu is starting to build.

New Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers was the first to make a move to take the one-time Arsenal trainee to Parkhead – and an offer is on the table.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/523865/EXCLUSIVE-Aston-Villa-West-Brom-sign-Wales-Hal-Robson-Kanu-Premier-League-transfers

Remember Ron Vlaar in the World Cup? I don't think that World Cup or Euro performances can be be used as a yardstick for future club performances.

13 minutes ago, VillaBrum said:

Remember Ron Vlaar in the World Cup? I don't think that World Cup or Euro performances can be be used as a yardstick for future club performances.

Tbf we could have done with a fit Vlaar last season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Tbf we could have done with a fit Vlaar last season.

Everything went to shit when the Vlaar-Senderos partnership got broken up (and Roy Keane left).  Just goes to show what a couple of bald centre halfs who vaguely know what they're doing can do in English football.  Talking of Keanes, I wouldn't mind Robbie back on a short term deal.

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

What are you chaps alluding to?

Oh I'm not ITK. I'm just thinking that RDM might want a bit of time with the squad first before making final decisions on who to bring in. From there I would hope it would happen pretty quick.