Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

38 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

He has loads of Championship football under his belt, he is part of a successful Wales team with fantastic team spirit (actually looks like he gives a dam!) and whilst he clearly isn't a top top player he is certainly good enough for our level. He also had a season in the Premier League with Reading I believe. Only 27 years old too. That fact he is on a free transfer is appealing too.  

He's just not very good. If anything his best season was that premier league season where he scored 7 or 8 league goals but he has failed to push on since that point.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Said it before, can't understand why no club premier league or even championship isn't taking a look at Bobby Wood, the US player. Serious striker. I reckon we'd get him. Playing with union Berlin in the 2nd division.

He has a great work rate and a good finish.  I'm not completely sold on his positioning and timing for runs.   He is also a bit short (5'10") for a center forward.

If we could get any one american, I would vote for John Brooks.

5 hours ago, villanwesty88 said:

He has loads of Championship football under his belt, he is part of a successful Wales team with fantastic team spirit (actually looks like he gives a dam!) and whilst he clearly isn't a top top player he is certainly good enough for our level. He also had a season in the Premier League with Reading I believe. Only 27 years old too. That fact he is on a free transfer is appealing too.  

He hasn't got a club because he's basically pants. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Folski said:

I know his free kick was a bit poor and the keeper should have saved it but should we be looking at this Bale lad for Wales, has played in Championship before with Southampton so even scored 5 goals.

But do we want to go down the unknown foreigner route again? After wot I read in the paper about the last lot we signed, it was all their fault apparently. 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

The similarities between them are so overwhelming. 

Just because Robson Kanu doesn't have a club means he crap though? Come on. Someone will snap him up in the Championship I would have thought. 

Just now, villanwesty88 said:

Just because Robson Kanu doesn't have a club means he crap though? Come on. Someone will snap him up in the Championship I would have thought. 

You can read better than this. Here's what I wrote:

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

He hasn't got a club because he's basically pants. 

'He' is clearly referring to Robson-Kanu. I quite specifically didn't say 'every player who doesn't have a club is pants'. 

You may be right, he might get a gig at a team in the Championship. He will, however, still be basically pants. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Robson-Kanu is dire.

He is one of those players who doesn't score enough to be up front and doesn't contribute enough to play deeper. He is a bit of a nothing playing who might scuff one in....as he did yesterday.

Sounds like a typical Villa player to me. Where do we get him to sign?  Tailor made 

I'd get Kapustka (Cabbage in Polish :D ) as I think bigger clubs would be looking at Milik as he's been known for a while now.

Looked great today, only 19 and playing at Cracovia in the Polish league.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'd get Kapustka (Cabbage in Polish :D ) as I think bigger clubs would be looking at Milik as he's been known for a while now.

Bigger clubs will be sniffing around, apparently he was in talks with Borussia

33 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Don't cry over spilled Milik... 

I'll see myself out.

28 minutes ago, roadoftrinity said:

I thought Dallas looked decent who played for Northern Ireland, he's also looked good the couple of times I've seen him play for Leeds 

Not a big fan of air vents from what i've been told

Edited by AshVilla