Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

No way would I want us to sign a man that chooses the plain looking ring doughnut when there's chocolate ones available.

That's what gabby calls 'a diet'.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I hope you've read all 120 pages like the rest of us?! 

I trust you'll let me know if we signed anyone on those pages (I did read page 119).

I will be here from now on, that's for sure.

Edited by AVTuco

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

I trust you'll let me know if we signed anyone on those pages (I did read page 119).

I will be here from now on, that's for sure.

I'm calling you out as a jinx, we haven't signed one player since you showed up! ;)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It's actually a bit mental that Robson Kanu doesn't have a club. 

Makes me wary that there is something wrong with him beyond his ability. 

naa he really is shiti

7 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He did put in a good performance yesterday but I'm not sure about his overall ability across a season. 

Basically a championship player, scored 24 in 198 games... But then he's a regular international...

Said it before, can't understand why no club premier league or even championship isn't taking a look at Bobby Wood, the US player. Serious striker. I reckon we'd get him. Playing with union Berlin in the 2nd division.

7 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It would seem a bit of a no brainier to get him for free wouldn't it?  You'd think Steve Clarke would know him quite well though, so he'll either recommend him to RDM or perhaps he simply isn't good enough?  We may even have bigger and better targets lined up?   I thought even James Chester looked good yesterday but my Albion mate doesn't like him at all.  All about opinions I suppose.  

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Said it before, can't understand why no club premier league or even championship isn't taking a look at Bobby Wood, the US player. Serious striker. I reckon we'd get him. Playing with union Berlin in the 2nd division.

Edit: He's joined Hamburg :-)

Hal Robson Kanu??? No thanks

One scuffed shot in a European Championships doesn't elevate him to good player status in my book.

IMO we need to look at the future by getting in players that will not only get us out of the Championship but will do a job in the Premier League. We need to build a squad mentality and assemble a group of players that can perform together for the next 3-4 seasons.

Signing the likes of HRK will just mean having to sign more players if we go up as he has shown he is not good enough at the top level. We'd be lumbered with his wages and sending him out on loans until his contract winds down.

• Like 3

last week it was reported that rdm would have £50m this window, earlier in the week it was £40m, by friday it was £35m, hopefully the takeover is completed by tomorrow so it doesnt drop below £30m, we need 11 new players as least

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndyBM said:

last week it was reported that rdm would have £50m this window, earlier in the week it was £40m, by friday it was £35m, hopefully the takeover is completed by tomorrow so it doesnt drop below £30m, we need 11 new players as least

I wouldn't worry too much about what is reported-They are nothing more than guesses.

Until we know who is staying, I doubt even RDM knows how much is going to be spent.

16 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

We don't. People react like we are going into the champions league. We have a core group that are absolute toxic. Lescott, Gabby, Richards need removing from that dressing room. We have some talent, Grealish, Ayew, Gana, Amavi ( if we can keep them) We need to add 5-6 I'd say.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why?

He has loads of Championship football under his belt, he is part of a successful Wales team with fantastic team spirit (actually looks like he gives a dam!) and whilst he clearly isn't a top top player he is certainly good enough for our level. He also had a season in the Premier League with Reading I believe. Only 27 years old too. That fact he is on a free transfer is appealing too.