Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, Flynnchin84 said:

Nah, everyone in that league has only played 12 games. Not sure how that league works.

The season starts early summer and finishes shortly after summer, the weather doesn't allow Scandinavian teams to play football during winter.

3 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Players I would be targeting:

Pantilimon, Joselu, Mirallas, Janmaat, Elliot, Klose, Mbokani, Afobe, Gayle, Jedinak, Oar.

I think it's probably a good thing that you aren't a football manager because you'd be gutted when the majority of these didn't come off for fairly obvious reasons.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I think it's probably a good thing that you aren't a football manager because you'd be gutted when the majority of these didn't come off for fairly obvious reasons.

I don't think they are so unrealistic if we show ambition and target them strongly.

If Gayle is a chance then so is Jedinak, Pantilimon.

Joselu and Mirallas could be loan options.

Janmaat, Elliot, Klose, Mbokani are all in the championship now. Oar is A League.

I missed the last part of last season but it doesn't look like Afobe set the world on fire at Bournemouth.

This has probably been mentioned but a lot of chatter that we've signed Tommy Elphick from Bournemouth.

Probably not accurate but what do we think of Tommy?

He was injured I think, and was their captain before that. Bournemouth fans seem to think they wouldn't let him go unless they had a really good replacement, so I suppose that's a good sign.  Seen a few comments that he's a really good leader, but might not quite be Premier league quality.

58 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

This has probably been mentioned but a lot of chatter that we've signed Tommy Elphick from Bournemouth.

Probably not accurate but what do we think of Tommy?

My Generation is much better.

• Like 2

Bit off topic but from about 1:10 Elphick is on there talking.  Thought it was quite interesting and gives a 'bit' of insight about Elphick (and Bourmouth).   

Edit. Wish Villa would do more behind the scenes and training videos like this.

Edited by Gary Thomas

2 hours ago, meme said:

I don't know. I think it was because he was a bit injury-prone, and therefore struggled to adjust to the Premier League. He's proven in the Championship, though, and certainly has potential.

he was crocked by Dale Stephens which stopped his perm deal to Middlesborough apparently

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Apparently we have enquired about Kalmar FF striker Marcus Antonsson.  any of our scandinavian friends know much about him?

23 goals in 100 games is not really a great record, has 10 goals this season but seems to be a one-off from his record

Rather we looked at Christoffer Nyman from IFK Norrköping.

Contract up after the season, so will be cheap this summer. £350k rumored.

Works incredibly hard and is one of the most valuable players (for his team that won the title last season) in the Swedish league

Edited by sne

Why do people think Osman would "do a job for us" the guy is 35 years old and past it. Even at this level, I'm not seeing many 35 year old midfielders.

Fletcher would probably score just enough to keep us still in the championship, no thanks.

• Like 1

Why do people think Osman would "do a job for us" the guy is 35 years old and past it. Even at this level, I'm not seeing many 35 year old midfielders.

Fletcher would probably score just enough to keep us still in the championship, no thanks.

How old's Joey Barton? 36? Just got promoted with Burnley.